Vandy United: Anonymous alumnus commits up to $10 million toward Hawkins Field

On Tuesday morning, an anonymous alumni from Vanderbilt Baseball pledged a lead donation towards the Vandy United fund, committing to matching other donations for up to $10 million.
On Tuesday, Sept. 12, a former Vanderbilt Baseball player pledged to match up to $10 million in donations from other former VandyBoys (Vanderbilt Athletics).

The university announced the next steps of the Vandy United project on Tuesday morning, as a former member of the VandyBoys committed up to $10 million toward the plans. The anonymous Vanderbilt alumnus and his spouse pledged to match donations from other former VandyBoys for up to $10 million. The donation provides a direct opportunity for other Vanderbilt Baseball alumni to help directly shape the future of the program.

In May of 2023, Vanderbilt University revealed its commitment to renovations toward Hawkins Field as part of the Vandy United campaign. The renovations promised — among other things — multiple premium seating opportunities and expanded stadium capacity.

“I applaud our alumni for leading the way in transforming Hawkins Field,” Vanderbilt Chancellor Daniel Diermeier said. “Vanderbilt is committed to the lifelong realization of human potential through a bold collaborative model. Across the ‘Dare to Grow’ campaign, alumni are embracing our cooperative spirit and supporting the schools, programs and teams that helped them grow. The uncommon loyalty of our baseball alumni is further proof that the VandyBoys are a blueprint for what is possible at Vanderbilt and for collegiate athletics in the 21st century.”

The pledge officially launches the plans to begin construction at Hawkins Field.

Aiden Rutman
Aiden Rutman, Senior Staff Writer