Hillsboro Village women’s clothing shops, ranked

I extensively rated and ranked the top shops in Hillsboro Village. Here’s the boutiques you need to visit or avoid if you fancy a fresh look and need a pause from the grind.
Ella Wupperman
Molly Green in Hillsboro Village, as photographed on Oct. 21, 2022. (Hustler Staff/Ella Wupperman)

Fall’s arrival calls for the switch from a summer wardrobe to sweaters, jeans and outerwear that will keep you from freezing on your way to class. If your closet is looking a little sparse, the short 10-minute stroll to the shops in Hillsboro Village is a must.

I spent a fun Friday afternoon scoping out five of the boutiques in Hillsboro and gave them a rating based on four categories: clothing stylishness and quality, affordability, customer service and overall vibe. 

Molly Green

(Ella Wupperman)

Vibe: Indie Hip

Affordability: 6/10

The prices ranged from $40-$100 for everything in the store, which consists of basics, staple pieces such as baby tees and sweaters, shoes and jewelry. They sell outfits perfect for heading to class or going out with friends, and I picked out two that were approximately $50 each, but there isn’t much else in the store I thought was worth the buy. 

Customer Service: 9/10

The employees working here were really friendly, personable and seemed to enjoy helping customers. The service was a little slow, but it was also quite busy when I went in, so I’ll cut them some slack. 

Stylishness & Quality: 5/10

This boutique certainly had the most appealing storefront and seemingly the cutest clothes from looking through the window, but the clothes were a little flimsy and thin to the touch. The clothing seemed to be very in-season and trendy, but if you are looking for timeless pieces to add to your closet, Molly Green probably is not the best place to find those.

Regardless, I would definitely stop into Molly Green on your shopping excursion, especially if you’re looking for some basics to add to your wardrobe. 

Overall Score: 6.5/10

Revv

A display inside Revv, as photographed on Oct. 27, 2022. (Hustler Staff/Ella Wupperman)
(Ella Wupperman)

Vibe: Edgy Chic

Affordability: 8/10

I expected everything to be in the $100+ range, so I was pleasantly surprised when I didn’t see anything over $85. 

Customer Service: 3/10

After a few minutes in this store, I realized it’s not tailored toward students—I was the youngest shopper in the store, and a lot of their selection seemed to be aimed toward a slightly older crowd. I was not approached by any employee during my time in the store, and I assume the reason why I didn’t receive great service was because the salespeople were preoccupied with women more likely to be making purchases and for whom their clothes are targeted. 

Stylishness & Quality: 6.5/10

Revv’s selection could be described as “Nashville street clothes,” with some cute dresses and accessories here and there. The dresses I spotted looked really cute and chic on the hanger, but everything I tried on fit awkwardly and didn’t have the same appeal. The fabric of the two dresses I tried was thin and itchy. I would definitely try things on before buying here. 

I’m also giving it a +0.5 for being right next to Jeni’s ice cream, a delectable, mid-shopping-trip treat. 

Overall Score: 6/10

Posh 

The sales floor in Posh in Hillsboro Village, as photographed on Oct. 21, 2022. (Hustler Staff/Ella Wupperman)
(Ella Wupperman)

Vibe: A little bit of everything

Affordability: 6/10 

Because they sell so many in-season, name-brand pieces, the average prices are significantly higher than the budget of a typical college student. However, if you take the time to inspect the large sale room in the back of the store, chances are you will find a cute dress, a pair of jeans or a set that you didn’t realize you needed until you found it. 

Customer Service: 6/10 

The staff was not as helpful and personable as some of the other boutiques in the area, but it was busy when I visited, so once again I’m giving leniency in this category. 

Stylishness & Quality: 7/10 

Honestly, it was hard for me to find an article of clothing I didn’t like in this store. I give Posh major credit for their selection because I am typically pretty particular. Free People, Show Me Your Mumu, For Love and Lemons and Amanda Uprichard are just a few names I recognized on Posh’s hangers. Posh is probably the best Hillsboro destination if you’re looking for apparel with a specific event in mind. The store  also sells men’s apparel which earned them an additional +0.5.

Overall Rating: 7/10

Impeccable Pig

A display inside Impeccable Pig, as photographed on Oct. 27, 2022. (Hustler Staff/Ella Wupperman)
A display inside Impeccable Pig, as photographed on Oct. 27, 2022. (Hustler Staff/Ella Wupperman) (Ella Wupperman)

Vibe: Preppy-Trendy

Affordability: 7/10

Impeccable Pig is the most preppy boutique I visited on my Hillsboro retail quest, so upon walking in and checking the price tags, my presumptions were definitely off. Expecting to see large prices, I was surprised to not see anything over $100. Besides shopping for new staple pieces, it is also a great place for gift shopping. Many fashionable nicknacks adorned the store along with decently-priced jewelry, perfect for a mom, sister or hometown friend. 

Customer Service: 10/10

I was looking for a cute tailgate dress and had pretty much given up until the salesperson asked me if I needed help and picked out two suitable options I hadn’t even seen. She was super helpful and really personal, which earned Impeccable a high customer service score. 

Stylishness & Quality: 8/10

The clothing sold here is very preppy and chic. If an overload of ruffles, frills and pink is your vibe, then Impeccable Pig is calling your name. 

I’m also giving Impeccable Pig a +0.5 for smelling unmistakably like Christmas. I walked in and was filled with nostalgia and longing for cold weather and other winter festivities. They had a myriad of ambrosial candles, which makes it a real shame that candles in dorms are off-limits.

Overall Score: 9.5/10

Hillsboro Village has boutiques for everyone and offers a variety of vibes and styles with reasonably consistent affordability. If you’re short on time, I’d prioritize checking out Impeccable Pig and Posh. The other three boutiques are excellent additional visits if you can afford time for a more rounded shopping experience. I hope this prepares your mentality and pockets before your next Hillsboro shopping spree!