PODCAST: Heartbreaker on the Hardwood, First Impressions of the VandyBoys

This week on the Hustler Sports 30 Podcast, Justin Hershey, Sam Curtis and Andrew Wilf break down a devastating loss to No. 24 Alabama and review a busy first weekend of VandyBoys action.

Hustler Sports 30 Podcast logo

The Hustler Sports 30 is a weekly podcast hosted by sports editor Justin Hershey and deputy sports editors Sam Curtis and Andrew Wilf. (Hustler Multimedia/Emery Little)

Justin Hershey, Sam Curtis and Andrew Wilf

On Episode 20 of the Hustler Sports 30 podcast, sports editor Justin Hershey and deputy sports editors Sam Curtis and Andrew Wilf debrief an absolutely heartbreaking men’s basketball loss to No. 24 Alabama on Tuesday. The hosts review the final play of the game, where they think Vanderbilt lost the game and what the team’s postseason outlook is heading into their final three games of the year. Next, they dive into the VandyBoys, offering their first impressions from a busy first weekend at Hawkins Field. They debate what the starting rotation should be moving forward and explain where Tim Corbin’s team struggled against Oklahoma State.

Further Reading

Vanderbilt loses a heartbreaker, 74-72, to Alabama“: The Commodores challenged the No. 24 team in the country but came up just short.

No. 3 Vanderbilt loses series-deciding game 7-5 to No. 7 Oklahoma State“: The VandyBoys were unable to defeat Oklahoma State and their dominant pitching on Sunday.

Vanderbilt bests Texas A&M 72-67, ties most conference wins since 2017“: Vanderbilt got 24 points from Scotty Pippen Jr. in a sloppy, yet important, win over Texas A&M on Saturday.