Reports: Vanderbilt hires David Raih as offensive coordinator

The Commodores have reportedly hired Arizona Cardinals wide receivers coach David Raih as offensive coordinator, according to Al.com’s Matt Zenitz.
David Raih served two seasons as the Arizona Cardinals wide receivers coach. (USA TODAY Sports/Kirby Lee).

Vanderbilt football has reportedly hired Arizona Cardinals wide receivers coach David Raih as its offensive coordinator, according Al.com’s Matt Zenitz.

Raih would replace Todd Fitch, who just finished his first season as offensive coordinator.

Raih comes to Vanderbilt following two seasons in Arizona but was recently let go by the Cardinals on Jan. 7. He previously served as a wide receivers coach (2018), offensive perimeter coach (2017), assistant offensive line coach (2016) and coaching administrator (2014-15) with the Green Bay Packers before his time in Arizona. He previously worked in college football with UCLA, Iowa and Texas Tech.

After the reported hiring of Jesse Minter, Lea has now tapped two former NFL position coaches for his coordinator positions. Considering Lea’s defensive background, Raih will serve an important role as he inherits an offense that scored just 15 points per game this past season.