Track and Field: Commodores compete at Raleigh and Pepsi Florida Relays

Vanderbilt continued its outdoor season with trips to two out-of-state meets.
Vanderbilt Track and Field competed at both the Raleigh Relays and Florida Pepsi Relays on March 29 and 30. (Vanderbilt Athletics)

Vanderbilt Track and Field student-athletes competed at the Raleigh Relays and Pepsi Florida Relays on March 29 and 30. Split between two competitions, the Commodores totalled a half-dozen top-10 finishes.

Graduate Caroline Eck and junior Julia Rosenberg represented Vanderbilt at the Raleigh Relays hosted by North Carolina State. Eck finished 31st out of 38 competitors in the 10,000-meter with a time of 33 minutes and 55.33 seconds, while Rosenberg clocked in a 16:04.24 finish in the 5,000-meter that was good for 20th in a crowded field of 225 student-athletes.

At the Pepsi Florida Relays in Gainesville, Fla., the Commodores were once again spearheaded by strong play in the shot put. Graduate students Veronica Fraley and Sarah Omoregie finished second and third in the event with distances of 17.02 and 16.57 meters, respectively. Fraley also finished second in the discus with a distance of 60.07 meters.

The team of Audrey Allman, Nicole Anderson, Mackenzie Culpepper and Lainey Phelps came in second place out of three competing squads in the 4×800-meter relay. With a time of 8:56.58, the Commodores finished well ahead of the group from Army but narrowly behind Georgia Tech.

Juniors Ella Lambert and Cameron Fawcett finished top 10 in the 1,500-meter with times of 4:29.49 and 4:32.02, respectively. Sophomore Allyria McBride finished fifth in the 400-meter hurdles in a field that included collegiate and non-collegiate competitors.

Vanderbilt will be back in action at the Joe Walker Invitational in Oxford, Miss. from April 5-6. Five regular season meets remain before the SEC Outdoor Championships on May 9-10.