University releases snow removal plan and updates to Wednesday dining options

Updates include Rand ‘Happy Hour’ and a map of snow-cleared pathways across campus.
snow
Campus Dining encourages students to take advantage of non-peak meal times at dining halls and utilize Munchie Marts to minimize outdoor trips. (Hustler Multimedia/Emery Little)

Classes will continue as scheduled by each academic department, and the university will regularly provide updates to campus operations on its website.

During inclement weather, Rand and Commons Dining Center will offer a continuous, uninterrupted meal service from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. daily. At least one travelable pathway can be accessed on all primary sidewalks, per an email from Dean of Students Mark Bandas.

Campus Dining

According to Campus Dining’s Wednesday service update, Branscomb, Highland and Kissam Munchie Marts will be open continuously from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Commons Munchie Mart will be open from 7:30-10 p.m. Suzie’s Cafés at Alumni Hall and Stevenson Center and Holy Smokes will be open during regular hours. The email also stated that Allergen OrderIT meal service and Quarantine/Isolation Meal delivery will continue to operate Wednesday.

To accommodate diners who eat outside of peak times from 11:45-12:30 p.m. and 5-7 p.m., Rand is offering a ‘Happy Hour’ from 3-5 p.m., featuring meat and plant-based burgers and fries, plus a walk-up pasta station that will open at 4:30 p.m. Rand will feature Pho alongside its regular walk-up lunch options. At Commons, Magnolia & Co. sandwiches will be available for walk-up customers from 3-5 p.m. in addition to other dinner options.

Rand and Commons Express on the GET App will not be available until normal service resumes; however, students can still pre-order meals from Suzie’s and Holy Smokes.

Snow Removal

In the email, Bandas said that the Facilities Department’s goal is not to completely clear the sidewalks but to have at least one travelable pathway on all primary sidewalks. Primary and secondary campus pathways are mapped on the university’s snow removal plan.

“Despite significant staffing shortages, [the Facilities Department is] working 12 to 16 hours a day to keep campus as safe as possible and traversable,” Bandas said.