Reports: Star forward Dylan Disu enters the transfer portal

Vanderbilt basketball suffered a major loss on Wednesday when Disu reportedly entered his name into the transfer portal.
Dylan Disu in Vanderbilt’s first SEC victory of 2020-21 over South Carolina. (Hustler Multimedia/Hunter Long)

According to multiple reports, sophomore forward Dylan Disu entered his name in the transfer portal on Wednesday.

Disu played and started in 17 games last season. He averaged 15.0 points per game and led the Commodores with 9.2 rebounds per game. He had six double-doubles in a breakout season highlighted by an impressive 49.2% field-goal percentage.

Disu was one of the top players in the SEC before he suffered a season-ending meniscus injury in late February.

Off the court, he was the 2021 SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year.

As a freshman, Disu played in all 32 games and started all but one of those games. He averaged 7.4 points and a team-high 5.7 rebounds per game.

Disu was expected to play a major role again next season with the Commodores, who picked up three impact transfers in the past few weeks in center Liam Robbins, guard Rodney Chatman and forward Terren Frank.