DEVELOPING: Lee Dort arrested on aggravated assault, suspended from team

The Vanderbilt center was apprehended by police on Sunday morning.
Miguel
Lee Dort contesting a shot against Pittsburgh on Dec. 7, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Miguel Beristain)

According to an arrest affidavit acquired by The Tennessean, Vanderbilt center Lee Dort was arrested on a felony charge of aggravated assault by strangulation on Sunday. The charge comes as a result of an incident involving Dort and his ex-girlfriend on Vanderbilt’s campus in the early hours of the morning. 

Per Vanderbilt’s sports information director Jacob Bell, Dort has been suspended from the basketball program for the time being. After being injured for much of his freshman season, Dort returned to the court for the Commodores on Thanksgiving against NC State. 

After being sent to the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office, Dort was released on Sunday afternoon on a $10,000 bond.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Anish Mago
Anish Mago, Former Deputy Sports Editor
Anish Mago ('24) is from West Windsor, N.J., and is studying economics and political science in the College of Arts and Science. He previously served as a staff writer for the Sports section. When not writing for The Hustler, Anish enjoys playing basketball and rooting for all Philly sports. He can be reached at .