IN PHOTOS: Suki Waterhouse and Blondshell stun on Coolest Place In The World Tour

Suki Waterhouse and Blondshell gave viewers at The Basement East the perfect concert experience from opener to encore.
Chloe Postlewaite
Suki Waterhouse performs at The Basement East, as photographed on Feb. 4, 2023. (Hustler Multimedia/Chloe Postlewaite)

My love language is sharing playlists, and it makes my day whenever a friend recommends new music to me. Months ago, a friend texted me a link to Suki Waterhouse’s song “Melrose Meltdown.” I instantly fell in love, and Waterhouse has been on my concert bucket list ever since. Her Feb. 4 show at The Basement East was everything I could have asked for, with an amazing opener and an incredibly fun atmosphere.

Blondshell, also known as Sabrina Teitelbaum, was the perfect beginning to Waterhouse’s stunning show. I fell in love with her music immediately after hearing her song “Kiss City” and was thrilled to discover she was opening for Waterhouse. She played hits such as “Olympus” and “Veronica Mars,” prompting audience members to immediately open Spotify to favorite each song as she played.

Waterhouse opened the show with “Bullshit on the Internet” before heading into two of my personal favorite songs, “Moves” and “Devil I Know,” without skipping a beat. Waterhouse looked angelic on the stage, with dreamy blue and purple lighting accentuating her outfit and poses.

Though her set was full of slow-paced music, including her songs “Nostalgia” and “Valentine,” Waterhouse injected energy into the show with her strong stage presence. Her audience interaction was better than most other artists I have seen live, making everyone in the room feel connected. Waterhouse spoke with the audience throughout her show, asking fans about their Valentine’s Day plans and explaining the backstories behind songs like “Melrose Meltdown.”

Waterhouse closed out the night with TikTok hit “Good Looking” and by taking a fan’s BeReal with the audience, a fitting end to a night full of musical connections.