IN PHOTOS: Karma Sangam 2022

Vandy Karma hosts Karma Sangam, showcasing Hindu tradition and art.
Nikita Rohila
Bharatanatyam performers strike a pose, photographed Dec. 3, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Nikita Rohila)

Vandy Karma introduced Karma Sangam this year, a performing arts event showcasing art forms rooted in Hindu tradition. Vandy Karma, Vanderbilt’s Hindu Students Organization, seeks to promote awareness of Hindu religion and culture and provides religious services on campus.  

Performances included a Bharatanatyam dance solo accompanied by live vocal and violin music, a Bharatanatyam dance duet, a Kathak dance duet, a Carnatic (South Indian) vocal and violin performance as well as a semi-classical vocal and piano duet. 

“Through this event, Karma hoped to bring attention to the important connection between Hinduism and art while creating a space for students to display their talents,” board member and sophomore Adi Kurre said. “Having received positive feedback from the audience and performers, Vandy Karma looks forward to hosting Karma Sangam again in the future.”