November’s concert cheat sheet

If you’re craving live music, you’re in luck—Music City has some exciting artists coming this month.
Vanessa Schor
Graphic depicting records with the words “live music.” (Hustler Multimedia/Vanessa Schor)

Nashville has no shortage of live music. Whether you’re a Stetson-wearing country connoisseur or a certified Pitchfork-reading Indiehead, Music City has got you covered. Check out our list to fill your concert needs this November. 

Cole Swindell, Nov. 2-3

One of the biggest country stars to emerge over the past decade, Cole Swindell has established his name with an impressive string of country-pop chart-toppers. Slip on some blue jeans, hop into some cowboy boots and catch the “Single Saturday Night” singer live during his two-day Ryman stint on the 2nd and 3rd of November. 

Yung Gravy w/ bbno$, Nov. 4

He’s tall, he’s confident and he might be TikTok’s favorite rapper. You guessed it: The Gravy Train is making a stop in Nashville. On Nov. 4, the giant is strutting into Marathon Music Works with a brand new batch of head boppers from his upcoming release, “Marvelous.” Additionally, hip-hop sensation bbno$ is traveling south from his native Vancouver to make this concert extra “delicious.” 

Beethoven and Sibelius, Nov. 4-5

The Nashville Symphony is hosting yet another symphonic showcase, this time featuring the post-Romantic catharsis of Sibelius’ Symphony No. 2. Acclaimed Canadian concert pianist Stewart Goodyear will be joining the orchestra to deliver his interpretation of Beethoven’s sprawling Piano Concerto No. 4. 

Alvvays, Nov. 8

After the success of their recent release “Blue Rev,” indie pop outfit Alvvays (pronounced “always”) is perhaps one of the most exciting bands in alternative circles. Marathon Music Works will see the Toronto natives performing their mesmerizing dream pop psychedelia for a show guaranteed to be nothing short of ethereal. 

Rina Sawayama, Nov. 9

Rina Sawayama is arriving in Nashville for her “Hold The Girl” tour at Marathon Music Works. Sawayama’s stage presence, eye-catching choreography and songs that embrace an amalgamation of pop, R&B and rock influences will make for an unforgettable night for all who attend. 

Ali Gatie, Nov. 13

Ali Gatie’s catchy songs blend elements of pop and R&B ballads that elicit both melancholy and hope from listeners when it comes to matters of love. With his tour “Who Hurt You?” from the album of the same name, he’s bound to energize the crowd and tap people into their more profound emotions. 

The 1975, Nov. 13 

Touring for their brand new album, “Being Funny In a Foreign Language,” the 1975 will perform new hits on stage for the first time and hopefully some beloved oldies. If you are heartbroken, the Nashville Municipal Auditorium will be an excellent destination for those still “loving someone.”

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Nov. 13

After decades of wailing slide guitars and drawled vocals, southern-rock’s flagship band is still kicking. Lynyrd Skynyrd, not content to rest on their laurels, is stepping onto the Ryman stage in their years-long “Last of the Street Survivors Farewell Tour.” Grab a ticket and raise your cigarette lighter high for what is likely the only band at whom you can yell “FREE BIRD!!” and expect a response.

Five Finger Death Punch, Nov. 16 

Five Finger Death Punch is easily one of the most successful rock acts of the 21st century, and they’re riding over 15 years of heavy metal momentum into Nashville. Considering their past stage production history, they are sure to take over Bridgestone Arena and ear-quake the audience with their headbanging hooks and groovy metal riffs. 

DaBaby, Nov. 16

In spite of past controversies, Ohioan emcee DaBaby is still going strong. DaBaby is coming to Marathon Music Works to perform in his “Live Show Killa” tour. If you are a rap fan, get excited for hyped and unapologetic songs that will electrify the audience.