Men’s Basketball: Vanderbilt releases full 2022-23 schedule

Vanderbilt men’s basketball released their full 2022-23 slate on Wednesday.
Vanderbilt forward Jordan Wright embraces the crowd during Vanderbilt’s win over LSU on Feb. 5, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Barrie Barto)

Exactly a week after releasing their non-conference schedule, Vanderbilt’s men’s basketball revealed their complete 2022-23 schedule on Wednesday. Coming off a postseason appearance of their own, the Commodores will host five SEC teams who played in the NCAA Tournament last year. Jerry Stackhouse’s crew will play nine home games and nine road games over the 18-game SEC slate, featuring home-and-homes against South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky and Florida.

The non-conference portion of the schedule is highlighted by an opening night matchup against Memphis at Memorial Gymnasium. The game will pit Stackhouse against fellow former NBA All-Star, Memphis head coach Penny Hardaway. The Commodores will also make trips to Anaheim and Chicago for tournament games during their non-conference schedule. Vanderbilt will face off against Temple, VCU and Pittsburgh again after facing all three a year ago as well. 

Eight new players will don the Black and Gold in 2022-23 as Stackhouse looks to have carved out perhaps his most talented roster to date. With the newcomers in the fold, the Commodores will look to build on their offseason momentum after reeling in a top-25 recruiting class and going a perfect 3-0 on the team’s European tour. The team’s full schedule can be found below. 

11/7 vs. Memphis

11/11 vs. Southern Mississippi

11/15 at Temple

11/18 vs. Morehead State

11/23 vs. Saint Mary’s (Anaheim)

11/24 vs. Fresno St./Washington (Anaheim)

11/30 at VCU

12/3 vs. Wofford

12/7 vs. Pittsburgh

12/9 vs. Grambling State

12/17 vs. NC State (Chicago)

12/22 vs. Alabama A&M

12/30 vs. Southeastern Louisiana

1/3 vs. South Carolina

1/7 at Missouri

1/10 at Tennessee

1/14 Arkansas

1/17 Alabama

1/21 at Georgia

1/24 Kentucky

1/28 at Texas A&M

1/31 at Alabama

2/4 Ole Miss

2/8 Tennessee

2/11 at Florida

2/14 at South Carolina

2/18 Auburn

2/22 at LSU

2/25 Florida

3/1 at Kentucky

3/4 Mississippi State