VUMC to vaccinate students starting April 13

At this time, VUMC will be offering the Pfizer vaccine.
VUMC
Hall
Photo of Vanderbilt Medical Center (Hustler Multimedia/Hallie Williams)

Following Metro Public Health Department’s expansion of vaccine eligibility to anyone 16 and older, Vanderbilt University Medical Center  (VUMC) will offer vaccine appointments to Vanderbilt students starting on April 13, per an email from the Dean of Students Communications office sent at approximately 2:40 p.m. CDT.

VUMC is administering the Pfizer vaccine, with two doses given 21 days apart. Students will schedule their second appointment at their first appointment, according to the email.

The Metro Public Health Department and other locations including pharmacies and walk-in clinics are alternate locations for students to receive vaccinations.

“You are not required to get the vaccine through VUMC and can choose another provider; the overall goal is for as many individuals to be vaccinated as possible,” the email said.

Students are encouraged to fill out a survey by April 4 to allow for the planning of vaccine administration. The email also states that students should have a My Health at Vanderbilt account set up or active. If a student has already been vaccinated, the email states that they should report their vaccination status to the university.

“While receiving the vaccine is voluntary, this is your opportunity to protect yourself, your loved ones and the community from the virus that causes COVID-19,” the email said.