Commodores take home SEC accolades after successful regular season

Iyana Moore, Jordyn Cambridge and Khamil Pierre were all named to different All-SEC teams following a stellar year under head coach Shea Ralph.
The Vanderbilt Lady Commodores celebrate their win over Georgia, as photographed on March 3, 2024. (Hustler Multimedia/Josh Rehders)

Though Vanderbilt Women’s Basketball’s season isn’t over yet, three Commodores were recognized with All-SEC honors. Graduate Jordyn Cambridge earned an All-SEC defensive team selection, junior Iyana Moore got an All-SEC second-team nod and freshman Khamil Pierre received a bid to the All-SEC freshman team.

Cambridge’s selection comes on the back of multiple other milestones: In a win against Georgia, the Nashville native joined the 1,000-point club and set the program record for career steals at 339. This is Cambridge’s third All-SEC defensive team selection (2019-20 and 2021-22) which adds to her long résumé which also includes academic achievements, such as a 2021-22 SEC Academic Honor Roll nod. The graduate accrued 107 steals over 30 games while also averaging 12.1 points and 6.1 rebounds per game.

Moore came into the season after being sidelined for Vanderbilt’s 2022-23 campaign due to a torn ACL. The junior responded to injury woes with a team-leading 13.7 points per game on 38% shooting from the field, 33% from beyond the arc and 84% shooting at the free-throw line. As a freshman, Moore had already picked up a selection to the All-SEC freshman team as well as an SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll spot. Now, she’ll add All-SEC second-team to her growing list of accomplishments.

Pierre impressed fans right when she came to West End, dropping 14 points her collegiate debut. This was just a preview of the season to come, however, as the 6′2″ forward kicked her game into another gear midseason and showed out during the SEC slate where she averaged 10.4 points and 6.2 rebounds per game. For this, she was named to the All-SEC freshman squad.

Pierre was also awarded five SEC Freshman of the Week honors — a program record and tied for the most in the SEC this season with Arkansas’s Taliah Scott. Pierre’s accolades mark the beginning of a promising career on West End.

All three players will be back in action tomorrow, March 7, against Florida in the SEC Tournament. 

You can find the game on SEC Network after the conclusion of the Arkansas-Auburn matchup occurring at 6 p.m. CST.