A guide to Valentine’s date nights in Nashville

With Valentine’s Day around the corner, restaurants and events are booking up with couples eager to celebrate. Read here for the most romantic spots that are guaranteed to make the perfect Valentine’s night!
Lexie Perez
Graphic depicting a couple on a date at a cafe. (Hustler Multimedia/Lexie Perez)

Valentine’s Day can put pressure on the planner when it comes to organizing the perfect night. Whether you are the one planning or simply browsing ideas for a friend, the time to seal your plans for the night is approaching. I’ve put together an assortment of date ideas ranging from live performances to comedy shows for the perfect date around Nashville. Whatever you choose to do, there is bound to be love in the air. 

Valentine’s Day Dinner at 1 Kitchen

Feb. 14, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. CST

The first idea on our list is a classic — a romantic dinner. You can’t go wrong with 1 Kitchen, especially when they’re serving their special Valentine’s Day menu. The restaurant has put together a three-course menu for $75 a person with food options ranging from Truffle Ricotta Brulee to Farm & Fiddle Pasta. This option is a brief eight-minute car ride from Vanderbilt and is located inside the 1 Hotel. 

Jeff Allen at Zanies Comedy Club

Feb. 14, Doors: 6 p.m. CST, Show: 7 p.m. CST

My second idea is for couples who love to laugh together. Buy tickets to watch Jeff Allen crack some jokes about all things Valentine’s Day. Having coined the phrase “Happy Wife, Happy Life,” Allen is bound to banter about the ups and downs of relationships — perfectly and ironically relevant for the occasion. Zanies Comedy Club is a short six-minute car ride from campus and provides table service for food and drinks. 

Romance at the Symphony

Feb. 14, 7:30 p.m. CST

If you are looking to complete your date with an off-campus musical performance, this is the perfect event for you. Schermerhorn Symphony Center is hosting a performance titled “Cinema’s Iconic Love Themes.” The romance songs that will be performed by the Nashville Symphony should sound familiar — you may recognize hits from renowned films including “Star Wars,” “Superman,” “Top Gun” and “The Lion King.” This performance is for movie-loving couples who want a hint of romance as they indulge in the unforgettable love songs of their favorite films. 

Bassoonist Nanci Belmont at Blair

Feb. 14, 8 p.m. CST

If you and your date are looking for an on-campus night-time activity, head over to Turner Hall in Blair School of Music for a top-notch orchestral performance by Nanci Belmont. Often praised for her work with major ensembles in New York City, Belmont’s experience and talent make for a night of breathtaking music. There are few things more romantic than delighting in the rhythm of music together. The event is free, but tickets are required for admission — so grab your tickets before they run out! 

Belcourt Cinema Romance Film

Feb. 14, TBD

On Valentine’s Day, the Belcourt Cinema is scheduled to play “The Taste of Things,” a French film with English subtitles about an undeniable romance sprouting within a strictly professional relationship. The film explores the culture of food in 19th-century France intertwined with a passionate, forbidden romance story. Sit back with some popcorn and explore the dynamic nature of love portrayed in this cutting-edge French film. 

Dancing with the Stars: Live!

Feb. 15, 8 p.m. CST

Dancing with the Stars is live on tour — and hitting Nashville’s Opry House the day after Valentine’s Day! There are few opportunities to see these widely recognized dancers perform live, so kick off your Valentine’s celebration with this unique experience. Tickets start at around $60 and the Opry House is a 20-minute ride from Vanderbilt. Celebrate your loved one by treating them with this one-of-a-kind experience. 

Nicolette Tolitano
Nicolette Tolitano, Staff Writer
Nicolette Tolitano (‘27) is from Nashville, Tenn., and is majoring in economics in the College of Arts and Science. She loves to read, run and travel with friends. You can reach her at [email protected].
Lexie Perez
Lexie Perez, Graphics Director
Lexie Perez (‘26) is from Northern Virginia and is majoring in climate studies and human and organizational development and minoring in business in the College of Arts and Science. She enjoys listening to 70s and 80s pop music, doing the daily Wordle and rooting for the Nashville Predators and Cincinnati Bengals. She can be reached at [email protected].