Liam Robbins declares for 2023 NBA Draft

Vanderbilt’s star big man announced his entry into the 2023 NBA Draft on Thursday.
Narenkumar Thirmiya
Liam Robbinson dunks on Florida, as photographed on Feb. 23, 2023. (Hustler Multimedia/Narenkumar Thirmiya)

Vanderbilt senior Liam Robbins declared for the 2023 NBA Draft on Thursday afternoon. The star big man had a sensational final season on West End, averaging 15 points, 6.8 rebounds and 3.2 blocks per game in 26 appearances this season. The effort earned him a spot on the First-Team All-SEC squad and a distinction as the SEC Defensive Player of the Year.

During Vanderbilt’s 6-1 February run, he played like one of the best players not only in the conference but in the entire country as he averaged 22 points, 10.1 rebounds and 4.6 blocks. His best game came in a Feb. 11 road date in Gainesville in which he dropped 32 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks on Florida center Colin Castleton, a fellow All-SEC first team honoree.

Robbins battled injuries throughout his time on West End, missing large portions of time in his junior and senior seasons. The big man was lost for the season on Mar. 3 when he re-injured his ankle against Kentucky. Despite the missed games, Robbins collected 82 blocks and 390 points in his final season in the Black and Gold.

“This is my last college basketball season. I’m really trying to enjoy it with my team and I want to win,” Robbins told the Hustler in November. “I’m hoping that maybe we can hang a banner, something to make the fans of Vanderbilt proud and something I can remember with my teammates that’ll last a lifetime. So, that’s my only goal for the future right now.”