Jordan Wright enters transfer portal, becomes fourth Commodore to do so

Senior forward Jordan Wright entered the transfer portal on Monday afternoon, according to reports.
Nikita Rohila
Jordan Wright defends against LSU at the SEC Tournament, as photographed on March 9, 2023. (Hustler Multimedia/Nikita Rohila)

After getting news of Tyrin Lawrence’s intention to enter the NBA Draft, Vanderbilt Men’s Basketball received more major news on Monday afternoon. Senior forward Jordan Wright has entered the transfer portal, according to reports.

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my four years, even through the ups and downs,” Wright told the Hustler in early March. “Coming here was one of the best decisions of my life and I’m thankful for all the support and love I’ve received from Commodore nation.”

Wright battled through injuries and ups and downs in his fourth year on West End, but turned in his best basketball late when Vanderbilt absolutely needed him to do so. Wright’s hot play extended from early March through the end of the season as he averaged 14.9 points in the eight games Vanderbilt played without Liam Robbins.

“There’s no secret about it, I don’t think he had his best season this year, there were some ups and downs,” Stackhouse said of Wright after the Texas A&M loss. “But at the end of the day when we needed him the most, he stepped up, and he was the leader and the Vanderbilt man I expected him to be.”

The 2022 SEC Scholar of the Year, Wright played 123 games in the Black and Gold — starting 73 of them. The Baton Rouge native amassed 1,167 points and 584 rebounds during his time on West End.

Wright is the fourth Commodore defection from the 2022-23 roster after Myles StuteMalik Dia and Noah Shelby all announced that they would be entering the transfer portal as well. You can follow along all of the Vanderbilt Men’s Basketball offseason movement with our live scholarship chart here.