IN PHOTOS: Fall Break 2022

Follow along with the multimedia staff during their fall breaks this year.
Arianna Santiago
Joseph Cantin adds a highlight stroke to his rendering of the Newfound Gap Overlook, as captured in Great Smoky Mountains National Park on Oct. 15, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Arianna Santiago)

This fall break, our Multi staffers hopped in cars and planes to take a break from the busy pace of campus life. From the beaches to mountains and cities to farms, keep reading to see how they spent their breaks.

Barrie Barto, Multimedia Director

This fall break I road-tripped down to Georgetown, South Carolina with a group of friends from Vandy to soak up the vitamin C on the beach. Between cooking family style dinners and exploring the local boat festival, we had plenty of time to recharge together.

Josh Rehders, Deputy Multimedia Director

I visited Chicago, IL for fall break and explored the city with my family. It was interesting to learn about all of the history behind the city and to see all the different styles of architecture.

Arianna Santiago, Multimedia Sports Specialist

On the first day of fall break, I attended the Echosmith concert at the Basement East! Then, I drove to Knoxville to visit a friend’s farm, fueled by Buc-ee’s coffee and a Spotify playlist created by one of my Electrical Engineering professors. I spent a day driving through Great Smoky Mountains National Park admiring the fall foliage, early evening views and fresh air. My long weekend was busy but refreshing, and it was lovely to spend time in nature. 

While at the Newfound Gap overlook in the Smokies, I met Joseph Cantin, an artist based out of Florida. He makes an annual trip to the Smokies, painting the scenes and moods of the park over a month-long stay.

Claire, Senior Staff Photographer

I went to Gatlinburg, TN for fall break and spent my time hiking in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It was beautiful seeing all the fall colors. 

Miguel Beristain, Deputy Multimedia Director

For fall break, I did what any self-respecting Vandy student should do: pretend to be a student at another school. One of my good friends is a University of Florida student and a small group of friends and I went down to visit her for the weekend. We attended a Law in Society class, tailgated and went to Disney Springs. It was a very busy weekend, but I’m refreshed and ready to be back!