IN PHOTOS: Family Weekend 2022

Family weekend brought many to campus this weekend for time together.
Barrie Barto
Mr. C takes a picture with a family on Commons, captured on September 10, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Barrie Barto)

Vanderbilt hosted Family Weekend 2022 from Sept. 9-11, which included a large variety of programming for Vanderbilt students and their guests. Last year, Vanderbilt hosted Family Weekend for the first time since the start of the pandemic, but with additional with COVID-19 protocols. This year, masking and outdoor event requirements were lifted.

An influx of families began arriving onto campus on Friday. Families had the opportunity to attend events  such as the Grandparent’s Social and Tea, Fall for the Arts—a showcase of student performance groups with a fall inspired dinner by Vanderbilt Dining—and various tours of campus

Saturday’s big focus wasVanderbilt’s home football game against Wake Forest. SEC Nation and Vanderbilt Athletics hosted the Marty and McGee show followed by SEC Nation on Commons. Families met with Mr. C and made signs to hold in the background of both shows which broadcast live from 8am – 11am CT.

Other events before the game included a Family Tailgate hosted by the Office of Parents and Families and other smaller tailgates hosted by organizations around campus such as Hillel and Interfraternity Council (IFC) fraternities.

Families filled FirstBank Stadium with electric energy for the game, but started to filter out as the weather and Vanderbilt’s football performance worsened. Luckily, the weather cleared for a final afternoon of togetherness and the farewell breakfast on Sunday.