Tiny Dorm Concerts: Chris Kelly with “More Than a Moment”

First-year singer-songwriter Chris Kelly brings us the long-awaited return of Hustler Tiny Dorm Concerts, in a new collaboration with Vanderbilt’s The Music Room.

Hustler Life and The Music Room, a student-run collective for on- and off-campus musicians, present the first 2021 edition of Tiny Dorm Concerts, featuring singer-songwriter Chris Kelly. Hailing from Charlottesville, Virginia, Kelly debuted his original song “More Than a Moment.”

“It’s kind of about being super far away from someone and seeing them intermittently. And, like, missing everything that comes in tandem with that,” Kelly said.

Having been raised by two musicians and played in his high school band, Kelly is not new to the music scene. His mother is a professional flutist, and his father is a publicist and singer-songwriter on the side. Kelly’s high school band, 14 Stories, continues to draw almost 7,000 monthly Spotify listeners. Currently, Kelly is hoping to take charge of his music career as a solo artist, embracing all the opportunities Vanderbilt and Nashville have to offer.

“[My goal is] just playing as much as I can and eventually being able to have music be my job. It’d be really nice. Just playing to a lot of people and getting my music out there,” Kelly said.

Check out the debut of “More Than a Moment” by Chris Kelly, directed by The Music Room’s Charles Shattock.