Where to get your pumpkin spice fix in Nashville: A definitive guide

A preview of all things pumpkin spice at local cafes and coffee chains in our area
Alexa Madsen

It might still be hot in Nashville, but autumn is quickly approaching. What does that mean for us coffee and dessert connoisseurs? The season of pumpkin spice is upon us, and in the spirit of fall, I visited some local coffee shops and chains to find the best of the best when it comes to pumpkin spice flavored food and beverages near Vanderbilt University.

Starbucks 

It is no secret that Starbucks is known for its Pumpkin Spice Latte. However, in addition to the PSL, Starbucks has added the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew to their fall menu this year. The colder alternative is a combination of cold brew, sweet cream and vanilla syrup. Although the beverage is sweetened by both the sweet cream and vanilla, it is a lighter alternative to the classic Pumpkin Spice Latte. In addition to their seasonal drinks, Starbucks also sells warm, enticing pumpkin bread year round. 

2521 West End Ave/402 21st Ave. South

Dunkin’ Donuts 

Dunkin’ Donuts released their “Pumpkin Menu” Aug. 21, so they were definitely ahead of the game. The menu includes a new Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Signature Latte as well as a pumpkin-flavored swirl. Similar to their other swirl flavors, Dunkin’ Donuts’ pumpkin swirl can be added to any iced or hot coffee and espresso drink. Dunkin’ Donuts’ “Pumpkin Menu” also includes tasty pumpkin donuts and muffins that are a bargain compared to Starbucks’ alternative. 

1500 21st Ave. South

Fido 

In terms of local cafes, Fido has put their own spin on the PSL this fall. The Spicy Pumpkin Latte consists of spicy pumpkin sauce, milk, espresso and is topped with cinnamon and whipped cream. This latte is perfect for those who enjoy the flavors of fall, but aren’t looking for the sugary sweetness of most other alternatives.  

1812 21st Ave South 

Three Brothers Coffee 

Although Three Brothers Coffee has not released their fall menu just yet, some of their previous fall menus have included a drink inspired by pumpkin pie filling, topped with crushed graham crackers. If  you find yourself craving pumpkin pie this season, Three Brothers Coffee may have your fix. 

2813 West End Ave.

With all that being said, the search for pumpkin spice doesn’t have to end at baked goods and espresso drinks. A number of snack brands have been embracing the autumnal trend, including pumpkin spice and maple flavored Oreos, Kit-Kats, Pop-Secret popcorn, and even Target’s pumpkin spice pretzels.  Rumor has it Branscomb Munchie was even stocking pumpkin spice flavored Siggi’s yogurt, if you can get your hands on it. For those who may not have a coffee obsession, there are definitely other options for everyone who wants to enjoy the taste of autumn this season.

Alexa Madsen, Former Staff Writer
Alexa Madsen ('22) studies economics and computer science in the College of Arts and Science. You can reach her at [email protected].