The new Tastes of Nashville

The new Tastes of Nashville

Avery Muir, Life Editor

Vanderbilt’s Taste of Nashville program is taking students to new culinary destinations this year after adding eight participating restaurants. The decision was based off of the results of a poll last spring, which allowed students to voice their preferences regarding which restaurants they’d like to have added. A few restaurants— Rotiers, Elliston Soda Shop, IHOP and the Smoothie King on Elliston Place— are no longer a part of the program due to low participation. Though some may mourn their loss, there are plenty of new options. Here’s an overview of the recent additions.

Biscuit Love (Belcourt)
Biscuit Love is somewhat of a Nashville staple, and there’s no better way to embrace the start of a new year than over biscuits with friends. Some menu must-haves include bonuts, a delicious starter where the main event is the biscuit-batter donut filled with a light lemon custard over a blueberry compote; the Princess, a biscuit topped with hot chicken madness; and the french omelette, a healthier way to offset the heaviness of Southern comfort food.

Blue Coast Burrito (Elliston)
When the Rand tex-mex station is closed, consider this build-your-own burrito chain. While it has a signature fish taco, you can make any taco, burrito, bowl or quesadilla your own with a wide selection of topping and protein options.

Grabbagreen (Midtown 17th Ave)
This is a great place to grab a wrap, bowl, soup or smoothie when you want to eat healthy and venture off campus. The menu has a variety of fresh takes on dining classics, like the Steak or Veggie Hash bowl for breakfast, or Moroccan Mac and Cheese for lunch.

Hopdoddy (21st Ave S)
This Austin-based upscale burger joint is perfect for those who love burgers but are getting tired of having the same old thing after a summer filled with visits to Shake Shack, In-N-Out or your preferred fast food venue. There’s a burger for everyone: the Impossible burger, a completely plant-based patty for the vegan or vegetarian diner; the Ahi Tuna burger for the sushi lover; the Primetime for those wanting to elevate their burger game; and the Good Night/Good Cause for diners wanting to give back while eating out, as $1 per order is given to a local charity.

Moe’s Southwest Grill (2525 West End)
Similar to Blue Coast Burrito, Moe’s specializes in customizable burritos and bowls. When the Tex-Mex line at Rand is just too long, don’t worry; its location (right next to Barnes & Noble) makes it a great alternative.

Nada (21st Ave S)
This new, trendy taco joint on 21st is great for a slightly upscale dinner with friends, especially now that it’s on the card. The tacos are small but delicious and pair nicely with sides like the Sweet Chili-Glazed Cracked Potatoes.

PizzaRev (West End)
Another new addition to the Nashville dining landscape, PizzaRev is on West End close to Kissam. It offers a range of pizza creations, ranging from a mediterranean pizza to your classic cheese.

Urban Juicer (21st Ave S)
The Urban Juicer covers your healthy favorites: juice shots, acai bowls and smoothies. With a location in Hillsboro, getting a shot of ginger, lemon and cayenne has never been easier.