Men’s Basketball: Vanderbilt Commodores release 2023-24 schedule

Vanderbilt will begin SEC play with a home matchup against the Alabama Crimson Tide on Jan. 9, 2024.
Miguel Beristain
Ezra Manjon dribbling in Vanderbilt’s matchup against Alabama on Jan. 17, 2022 (Hustler Multimedia/Miguel Beristain).

Vanderbilt men’s basketball released its full 2023-24 schedule on Thursday. The Commodores enter the 2023-24 season with high hopes, after an improbable 2022-23 season that featured an inspiring win over No. 6 Tennessee, an SEC Tournament semifinal appearance and head coach Jerry Stackhouse being named SEC Co-Coach of the Year. The Commodores lose key veteran pieces in Liam Robbins, Jordan Wright, Quentin Millora-Brown, Myles Stute and Trey Thomas.

Stackhouse and the Commodores hope to make an NCAA Tournament appearance for the first time since 2017. The Commodores will start their 2023-24 journey on Nov. 7 with a matchup against Presbyterian. Vanderbilt’s nonconference slate includes eight home games, three neutral site games and one away game. The Commodores will play Memphis in their penultimate nonconference game, over one year after they lost to the Tigers in the 2022-23 season opener.

The Commodores will hope to improve on their SEC record from 2022 (11-7), but that goal will not be easy as they will play 11 conference games against teams that made the NCAA Tournament in 2022. The Commodores will begin their SEC schedule with a home matchup against Alabama on Jan. 9, 2024. The full schedule can be found below.

11/7 vs. Presbyterian

11/10 vs. USC Upsate

11/14 vs. UNC Greensboro

11/17 vs. Central Arkansas

11/23 vs. NC State (Las Vegas)

11/24 vs. BYU or Arizona State (Las Vegas)

11/29 vs. Boston College (ACC/SEC Challenge)

12/2 vs. Alabama A&M

12/6 vs. San Francisco

12/16 vs. Texas Tech (Fort Worth)

12/19 vs. Western Carolina

12/23 at Memphis

12/30 vs. Dartmouth

1/6 vs. Alabama

1/9 at LSU

1/13 at Ole Miss

1/17 vs. Auburn

1/20 at Mississippi State

1/27 vs. Tennessee

1/31 at Auburn

2/3 vs. Missouri

2/6 vs. Kentucky

2/10 at South Carolina

2/13 vs. Texas A&M

2/17 at Tennessee

2/21 vs. Georgia

2/24 at Florida

2/27 at Arkansas

3/2 vs. LSU

3/6 at Kentucky

3/9 vs. Florida