Vanderbilt loses happiest school status

After being named the college with the happiest students by Princeton Review two years in a row, Vanderbilt is now placed in the list’s second place spot. Rice University came in first place.

The list, which was released Aug. 29, is based on students’ answers to the survey question: “Overall, how happy are you?” The data was collected from surveys of 143,000 students at the 381 schools included in this year’s edition of the book “The Best 381 Colleges.” The survey distributed to students included 80 questions sorted into four sections. Princeton Review releases more data about their methodology as well.

Vanderbilt was ranked number one on the list of “College City Gets High Marks,” based on students’ answers to the question “How do you rate the city or town 57c49427e8040-imagewhere your school is located?”.

Vanderbilt was also included on eight other Princeton Review top 20 lists, including Best Campus Food, Best Financial Aid, Best Quality of Life, Best-Run Colleges, College City Gets High Marks, Great Financial Aid, Lots of Greek Life, Most Beautiful Campus, Their Students Love These Colleges. Vanderbilt also made an appearance on the “Top 50 – Colleges That Pay You Back” list.