Commodore Soccer seniors, Darren Ambrose prepare for Senior Day vs. Kentucky on Sunday

Photo via Vanderbilt Athletics

Photo via Vanderbilt Athletics

Photo via Vanderbilt Athletics

Photo via Vanderbilt Athletics

On Sunday, Vanderbilt Soccer will honor three seniors that have seen the program go through plenty of highs and lows on Senior Day when the Commodores take on the Kentucky Wildcats at 1 PM at the Vanderbilt Soccer Complex.

Jackie Welch, Gabrielle Rademaker and Brook Colangelo are Vanderbilt’s only seniors this season, but they have all made a tremendous impact on the program in their time on West End.

Rademaker and Colangelo were recruited by previous head coach Derek Greene, but remained committed to Vanderbilt after current head coach Darren Ambrose took the job in 2015. The two recalled an upset win over South Carolina during the 2015 season after which Ambrose told them that those wins would become the norm. This season, Vanderbilt has beaten ranked opponents in Tennessee and Mississippi State and have climbed to #12 in the latest coaches poll.

Welch transferred from Indiana in 2016 and worked hard to become a regular part of Vanderbilt’s rotation.

The three seniors sat down to discuss their time at Vanderbilt, what last year’s seniors meant to them and how the Vanderbilt community has rallied around the team this season.

In addition, Ambrose sat down to talk about his team’s dominant 3-0 win over Auburn on the road and what this group of seniors has meant to the program as it builds towards a powerhouse.

If you can’t make it to the Vanderbilt Soccer Complex on Sunday to see Vanderbilt take on Kentucky, tune in on VandyRadio.com.