Vanderbilt lands commitment from Cornell transfer Chris Manon

The unanimous first-team All-Ivy League selection has one year of eligibility remaining.
Nikita Rohila
Memorial Gymnasium was full with a noisy home crowd on Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023. (Nikita Rohila/Hustler Multimedia)

Head coach Mark Byington and Vanderbilt landed their seventh commitment from the transfer portal on Tuesday, as Cornell transfer Chris Manon announced his decision to commit to Vanderbilt via Instagram. 

As a senior, Manon averaged 12.5 points, 4 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game en route to unanimous first-team All-Ivy League honors. Manon stuffed the stat sheet all season for the Big Red, scoring in double-digits 21 times while also leading the Ivy League in steals (2.2) and having the 5th best steal rate in the country, per KenPom. Manon will look to add length and slashing to Vanderbilt’s backcourt which welcomed the additions of Jason Edwards and Grant Huffman this week. 

In addition to dominating during the Ivy League regular season, Manon has also been named to the Ivy League All-Tournament team in each of the last two seasons. Despite not being able to shoot from behind the arc particularly well, converting at just 33.8%, the senior guard was very efficient when he was able to get into the lane, making 63.1% of his two-point attempts.

Manon will enter Vanderbilt as a graduate transfer with one year of eligibility remaining. Now with seven commitments from the portal, Byington has two more scholarships to utilize to rebuild his roster.