Recruiting: Boston College transfer Devin McGlockton commits to Vanderbilt

Devin McGlockton will arrive at West End after averaging 10.2 points and 6.3 rebounds as a sophomore with the Eagles.
Ophelia Lu
A crowd of excited Commodores celebrating Vanderbilt’s win post-game, as photographed on Mar 10, 2023. (Hustler Multimedia/Ophelia Lu)

Devin McGlockton announced his commitment to Vanderbilt on Monday morning. The Boston College transfer entered the portal six days ago and has two years of eligibility remaining. 

The 6’7” forward out of Cumming, Ga. was a consistent contributor for Boston College, averaging 10.2 points per game and 6.3 rebounds per game on a 57.5% field goal percentage in the 2023-24 season. After redshirting in his freshman year, McGlockton started in all 36 of Boston College’s games while averaging 29.9 minutes per game.

McGlockton is a rangy and versatile two-way forward, who is capable of scoring at all three levels efficiently while also being a considerably solid defender. While 67% of McGlockton’s field goal attempts came from around the rim, he also made 36.7% of his 60 3-point attempts last season. One of his core strengths is his ability to rebound, especially on the offensive glass, as of his 6.3 per game almost 3 came on the offensive end. At the same time, McGlockton plays defense both on the perimeter and in the post, also working as a rim protector averaging nearly one block a game.

Overall, McGlockton can be one of the most versatile additions for coach Mark Byington. McGlockton will be able to do a little bit of everything, whether it be spacing the floor, working the pick and roll or snagging down rebounds for putbacks. 

McGlockton marks the sixth transfer commitment for Byington, leaving the Commodores with three more open scholarships to work with. Again, Byington has helped address the team’s needs, adding McGlockton as a do-it-all wing who can work well as a small forward or power forward.