IN PHOTOS: Tom Odell declared ‘Another Love’ for Nashville

Tom Odell delivered a stunning performance to the crowd at 3rd and Lindsley.
Sharmila Adapa
Tom Odell sings into a microphone, as photographed on Oct. 15, 2023. (Hustler Multimedia/Sharmila Adapa)

Singer Tom Odell hit the stage at 3rd and Lindsley on Oct. 15 featuring hits “Another Love” and “Heal” as well as a number of other songs from his discography.

3rd and Lindsley is one of my favorite venues in Nashville because shows are live streamed for viewers not in the building. I was thrilled to be back to listen to Odell here. After opening acts Seafret and Jane’s Party performed, Odell and his band took the stage to thunderous applause from the crowd. From behind the piano, Odell began his opening song “Best Day of My Life.” The set shifted from slower to more upbeat songs with jazzier piano sections in “Fighting Fire with Fire.” 

Odell surprised the crowd with an unreleased song titled “Answer Phone,” which I thoroughly enjoyed. He followed it up with “Noise,” but he only completed one verse, having forgotten the rest. This lapse earned many laughs and chuckles from fans in the crowd. Odell concluded the show with his most popular song, “Another Love” from his 2013 album “Long Way Down.” The crowd sang along to this emotional song, which was the perfect ending to the show.

Odell’s piano skills made for an incredible show. His ability to intersperse cheery, buoyant music in a predominately somber show demonstrated his diversity in vocal range and lyrical ability. A mix of humor and love for his fans made Odell’s performance the highlight of my weekend!