IN PHOTOS: Flowers, cowboy hats and bubbles: A night with Remi Wolf and Jordana

Remi Wolf blew the Brooklyn Bowl away with incredible vocals and infectious energy.
Chloe Postlewaite
Remi Wolf sings at the Brooklyn Bowl, as captured on Oct. 6, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Chloe Postlewaite)

Hot off the heels of her tour with Local Natives, New York City’s Jordana made her return to Nashville supporting Remi Wolf at the Brooklyn Bowl on Oct. 6. Jordana’s recent album “Face the Wall” is a musical feat; she co-produced and played every instrument on this album. 

Jordana sings on stage, as captured on Oct. 6, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Chloe Postlewaite)

A comfortable blend of garage-rock and dream-pop that leaves listeners wanting more. Fans might know Jordana from her earlier work with the indie group “TV Girl.” As she continued her set, she stopped and explained the inspiration behind her song and bantered with the crowd. 

Jordana’s guitarist plays a riff, as captured on Oct. 6, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Chloe Postlewaite)

“This song is about self-appreciation and about admiration for yourself, it’s pretty much all I write about,” Jordana told the crowd before jumping into her newest release “Get Up”—a song that, as implied by the title, deals with developing a positive self-image. 

Remi Wolf’s band started the set with a jam to the Beatles’ “Because.” Bursting onto the stage to her hit “Quiet on Set,” Remi Wolf kept the energy up the whole night. Donning a cowboy hat, cowboy boots and a massive belt buckle (all of which she apparently bought the day of the show), Remi Wolf came out in peak Nashville fashion. One of the most vibrant performers I’ve had the pleasure of seeing, she ran, jumped, danced and sang her heart out. An unreal vocalist, her performance didn’t miss a beat even when her in-ears fell out.

Remi Wolf belts a tune, as captured on Oct. 6, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Chloe Postlewaite)

Remi took a turn on the drums, showing off her skills while her drummer took the mic. While he claimed he was a terrible singer, he led the crowd in positive affirmations like “I am worthy, I am enough, I am Dua Lipa.” Remi’s stage presence was enormous and impressive since she was on a small stage. She kept the audience up and dancing the whole set. Her set design was also unique. A large fake tree and flower statues stood at each end, a couch was used for breaks and bubbles blew over the pit. She played songs from her whole discography, each city’s concert being different on the tour. There was something for every kind of Remi Wolf fan: Day-one fans enjoyed the throwbacks to her older songs, and newer fans were still able to appreciate her bigger hits.

Remi Wolf points at the sky, as captured on Oct. 6, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Chloe Postlewaite)

Ending the night with “Disco Man” to the backdrop of hundreds of beams of light, I remembered a funny quote from Remi earlier in the night. 

“I think I’m pretty fuckin weird, and I think you guys are too,” Remi said.

Remi connected with the audience on a personal level throughout the concert, inspiring and partying alongside dedicated fans. A phenomenal artist in every sense of the word, keep an eye out for a Remi Wolf show near you before she breaks into the mainstream.