IN PHOTOS: Celebrate Nashville

Nashville residents came together in Centennial Park on Oct. 1 to participate in the Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival.
Chloe Postlewaite
A girl performs with the Upasana Performing Arts Center, photographed on Oct. 1, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Chloe Postlewaite)

This year’s Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival was held on Oct 1. in Centennial Park. The festival is an annual event featuring performances, food and activities that showcases the many cultures represented in Nashville.

The festival included multiple stages for participants to showcase their talents and cultural activities. The larger stage featured groups of performers such as the Nashville Irish Step Dancers, the Upasana Performing Arts Center and the Chinese Arts Alliance of Nashville. The other, smaller stages featured groups including The Glamorous Golden Girls, Beyond Wings Aerial and the Nashville Library Puppet Truck.

Celebrate Nashville wouldn’t fully be a cultural festival without food! Attendees embarked on a culinary globetrotting from stand to stand, indulging in food such as empanadas, arepas, crispy queso tacos, soul food, kibbehs, etc. 

The festival also featured booths run by Nashville residents and organizations. Attendees could purchase unique items traditional to certain cultures and learn more about local cultural groups and organizations pushing for change in Nashville.