Rival Sons and Dorothy to perform at the Ryman on Oct. 3

The two rock bands will grace Nashville with their music on Oct. 3 at the Ryman Auditorium.

We did it, everyone. We survived nearly a year and half with no concerts or music events of any kind. But that pain is finally coming to an end: live music is BACK in Music City! No one could be happier about this return than us, the Life section—after all, live shows and events make up practically half our content. So get hyped, guys. This fall marks a long-awaited return to form: for you, for us and for live music everywhere.

This installation of our fall concert previews focuses on a joint feature: rock bands Rival Sons and Dorothy will play at the Ryman Auditorium at 8 p.m. CDT on Oct. 3. 

Rival Sons will play songs from their most recent album, “Feral Roots.” (RCA Studio A/Muscle Shoals Sound Studio)

Rival Sons, an American rock group from California, are currently on tour with their sixth album, “Feral Roots,” which garnered two 2020 Grammy nominations—one for “Best Rock Album” and the other for “Best Rock Performance.” 

The collection features ten songs, including the main singles, “Too Bad” and “Shooting Stars.” “Shooting Stars” opens with gospel-like vocalizations and is supported by steady acoustic throughout the duration of the song. The rock aspect is noticeably understated, which is perfect if you’re looking for an introduction to the genre. Perhaps more on brand is the other release, “Too Bad,” which is delightfully true to rock, and the energy of the tune is sure to be a crowd pleaser in concert.

The rock band Dorothy will also be featured at the Oct. 3 event. Named after the lead singer, Dorothy Martin, the California group released their first EP in 2014 and are now on tour teasing their soon-to-be-released album, “What’s Coming to Me.” The album’s eponymous single is a catchy tune that starts off with a country-like sound; however, by the chorus, Dorothy’s powerful belt permeates the melody in true rock fashion.

Check out Rival Sons’ music video for “Too Bad” on YouTube, or listen to the full “Feral Roots” album on Spotify. Check out the music video for Dorothy’s “What’s Coming To Me” on YouTube. Buy tickets to the show here.