Sprinkles Cupcakes closes shop on April 8

Much to the dismay of our hearts and stomachs, Sprinkles Cupcakes on 12 South will shut down on Sunday, April 8. Here are some of the best flavors to enjoy its final week in business, along with other Nashville desserts to satisfy your cravings.

Must-try flavors:
1. Red velvet
2. Salty caramel
3. Banana dark chocolate
4. Chocolate marshmallow
5. Sprinkle

Other favorite Nashville sweets:

1. Five Daughters Bakery: Located just down the street on 12 South, Five Daughters donuts are truly something special. Ranging from the classic Chocolate Sea Salt to the seasonal Lemon Blueberry, these fluffy treats have something for everyone’s taste buds. Five Daughters also offers paleo options, which are perfect alternatives for fans of Sprinkles’  gluten free and vegan cupcakes.
  2. Gigi’s Cupcakes: This national cupcake chain is just the fix to satisfy your cupcake cravings. Their gourmet cakes are piled high with creamy frosting decadent decor. With their nearby location just down Broadway, getting your hands on a Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel will be a piece of cake.
  3. Fox’s Donut Den: Since 1973, this classic venue has been satisfying Nashville’s sweet tooth with donuts and pastries. The cinnamon apple bread and glazed donuts come highly recommended at this Hillsboro Pike store. Additionally, their 5 a.m. – midnight daily hours makes this the perfect place for a late-night snack or early-morning breakfast.
  4. No Baked Cookie Dough: A few blocks away from campus is one of the first chains to hop on the cookie dough trend. Everything from the classic Chocolate Chip to Brownie Batter Chip to Snickerdoodle is the perfect treat when you’re in the mood for something sweet. NoBaked can also be delivered through Postmates or DoorDash.
  5. Legato Gelato: In the mood for something cold and creamy? Legato Gelato has you covered. This Edgehill shop has a flavor for every taste palate, and all gelatos are made fresh daily. With spring and finals just around the corner, Legato is the perfect place for a refreshing study break.