Chelsea Cutler singing into a microphone, as photographed on March 30, 2024. (Hustler Multimedia/Sharmila Adapa)
Sharmila Adapa

IN PHOTOS: Chelsea Cutler lights up the Ryman with her electrifying performance

Chelsea Cutler wrapped up her “Beauty is Everywhere” tour with a show at the Ryman.

Chelsea Cutler lit up Nashville’s iconic Ryman Auditorium on March 30. Thousands of fans were present for the last night of her “Beauty is Everywhere” tour. Having listened to her hit single “you were good to me” in 2019, I was beyond thrilled to be covering Cutler’s show at one of my favorite music venues in Nashville. 

The second Cutler stepped on stage, the crowd erupted in applause with cheering that only got louder as the night went on. Cutler expressed love for her fans and the musical writing journey she has been able to experience. She also mentioned that in honor of the show being the last on the tour, she had a lineup of guests as a surprise. 

Cutler opened the show with songs “Loved By You” and “Something More,” which had the crowd on their feet and arms in the air, clapping along. She then invited special guest Hunter Hayes to the stage, citing him as a key source of inspiration for pursuing a career in music. The duo sang Hayes’ hit single “Wanted” together. 

The show continued on with “nj” and “Men on the Moon.” Right after these songs, Cutler brought Stewart Spencer, lead singer for The Band Camino, to the stage for their collaboration with “Crying Over You.” This is one of my favorite songs by both The Band Camino and Cutler and was an amazing surprise addition to her traditional setlist. 

Cutler then invited Matt Maeson, a fellow Virginia native, to perform a song that she has never sang live before, “Hold Me While It’s Ending.” To wrap up the main show, Adrian Galvin of Yoke Lore, the opening act, joined Cutler to perform a cover of Natalie Imbruglia’s song “Torn.”  Cutler then reappeared for an encore section to deliver a stunning performance of her song “this is how you fall in love,” which was performed to the swaying flashlights of the crowd. 

Cutler’s performance was incredible and the only performance I have yet to see at the Ryman with the crowd on their feet from the first song played to her closing words. Her ability to work with the crowd’s energy to deliver an emotional performance was a joy to see. Cutler made the final show of her tour a representation of her musical growth over time. Her remarkable show at the Ryman is definitely in my top five shows of this year.