The ‘Trilogy Tour’ lit up Bridgestone arena like a ‘Fireball’

The “Trilogy Tour” featured Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin and Pitbull, all of whom have shaped the world with their Latin-influenced rhythms.
Nikita Rohila
Pitbull jumps down the stairs on stage during his performance, as photographed on Feb. 28, 2024. (Hustler Multimedia/Nikita Rohila)

Enrique Iglesias is fun-loving, Ricky Martin has an infectious energy and Pitbull is a generational icon. How could any sane person pass up the opportunity to see not one, not two but all three men in a jam-packed show at Bridgestone Arena? The “Trilogy Tour” filled the venue more than any other act I have seen, with a sea of people dancing, wearing bald caps and smiling while having the time of their lives. 

To preface, neither Iglesias, Martin nor Pitbull was considered an opener or main act because each night of the tour they changed the order. Nashville got to experience the sensuality of Enrique Iglesias first. He hopped on stage with high energy, while “Tonight (I’m Lovin’ You)” blasted through the speakers. The music was so loud the ground was shaking and my heart was pounding from adrenaline, excitement and music. His smile was bright and his crowd work was top-notch, as he constantly waltzed to the barricade to greet fans. The one song that made me a fan of Iglesias was “Bailamos” and I was not disappointed in the least when he performed it live. It felt like I was in middle school again blasting this song in my car, with my mom laughing at my dramatics. 

Speaking of dramatics, Iglesias had a torrid love duet with his background singer. The woman sat on a stool while Iglesias clung to her hips. The two embraced a sensual dynamic that made me feel as if I were third-wheeling. After what seemed like a private and intimate performance, Iglesias brought back the energy by taking a shot of liquor? on stage and performing the higher tempo song “Me pasé.” Something worth noting about Enrique Iglesias’ style is the heavy Spanish influence, with a fusion of Latin, contemporary pop and dance music that cultivates a diverse richness in his sound. He highlights Latin traditions and culture within his lyrics and dances with styles such as salsa, merengue and flamenco. Iglesias uses music as an avenue to celebrate cultural diversity, showcasing his Spanish heritage while connecting with audiences worldwide. 

As Iglesias waved goodbye, the stage was rearranged and the crowd prepared for the forever loca Ricky Martin. The way Martin dances and mesmerizes the audience with his dramatic flair, you would not expect him to be in his early 50s. He still moves just as expertly as he did when he was starting out, with the type of energy I need to get through my 8 a.m. classes. He danced throughout his entire set and had spectacular dancers who looked amazing in their various outfits. 

Martin’s music has meant so much to so many people, but the one song that took over pop culture was “Livin La Vida Loca” which took me back to when I was 10 years old playing “Just Dance,” trying to keep up with the choreography of the song. Something even more notable about Martin’s career is the incorporation of his Puerto Rican heritage in his music, with Latin rhythms from styles like salsa, merengue and reggaeton. Martin fuses together numerous musical styles and languages in his music, further insinuating his multicultural work. Many of his songs that showcase his latin style, like “La Mordidita” and “Por Arriba, Por Abajo,” were a part of his setlist. Even the costumes, dance routines and set designs are influenced by Latin American culture, with the visual elements painting the richness of his heritage. His songs navigate love, identity and passion that resonate with populations around the world.. He is a proud Puerto Rican and embraces his heritage in his music and identity. 

Lastly, the night ended with Mr. Worldwide himself. Pitbull burst onto the stage to the sound of Guns N’ Roses’ “Welcome to the Jungle” and the crowd went from loud to explosive. Pitbull is known for his trademark charisma and humor, and there were plenty “been there done that’s” sprinkled in the show as well as some “Darlins.” His first song was “Don’t Stop the Party” and I don’t think the party has stopped since 2004, making it 20 years of “hotels, motels and Holiday Inns” with some fireball shots in between. Pitbull reminds me of middle school dances and weddings, with his silly sayings and play on words continuing to make me laugh my whole life. Pitbull’s setlist included favorites like “International Love” and “DJ Got Us Fallin’ in Love.” One thing that I have always loved about Pitbull is the meaning he puts into music.

“Music unites, it doesn’t divide,” Pitbull said. “Music reminds us we all bleed the same blood and breathe the same air. Music reminds us and teaches us that there’s one race and one race only, that’s the human race. So what I like to do is invite folks to where we’re from a little bit, and let our music bring us together.” 

For Pitbull, music is not just a job but a human connection that wraps everyone together into one equal community of listeners. Pitbull has songs that celebrate his Cuban heritage and for him, music has always served as a cultural bridge that allows him to make his background the foreground of his message to his audience.While he may not have made it past the graduation stage himself, Pitbull ensured other students like him get the opportunity to.

“I didn’t graduate high school, but a teacher changed my life,” Pitbull said. “And when I was hopeless she gave me hope. Her name is Hope Martinez…she looked at me and she told me ‘I believe in you.’ I didn’t graduate high school but we learned how to build schools…We are up to 12 schools now, 10,000 kids and this school is graduating at a hundred percent.” 

His music gave him a platform, so no matter how many times we sing “Timber” at a frat party, Pitbull has still used that to spread a message. I lived the last hour of the “Trilogy Tour” reminiscing of that elementary, middle and high school girl who wanted to scream “Gasolina” again. Pitbull ended the night with two of my favorites by him and Ne-Yo, “Time of Our Lives” and “Give Me Everything.” I screamed those songs like I always have, at the top of my lungs.

These three men, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin and Pitbull, built many people’s childhoods. They represent so many cultures and traditions and never fail to implement them in their music. The “Trilogy Tour” gave me three things: even more appreciation for Latin culture, the urge to unite people with music and the time of my life. 

Chloe Pryor
Chloe Pryor, Staff Writer and Photographer
Chloe Pryor (‘26) is from Fort Smith, Ark., and is double majoring in psychology and communications studies. When not writing for The Hustler, you can fund her reading, drawing or running late for class. You can reach her at [email protected].
Nikita Rohila
Nikita Rohila, Deputy Social Media Director
Nikita Rohila ('25) is from a small town in Arkansas and is majoring in psychology and medicine, health and society in the College of Arts and Science. During her free time, she enjoys roaming around the city and getting cinematic-style shots for her photography account! You can reach her at [email protected].