A fan records Lyn Lapids acoustic performance of “When She Loved Me,” as captured at Exit/In on Feb. 8, 2024. (Hustler Multimedia/Arianna Santiago)
A fan records Lyn Lapid’s acoustic performance of “When She Loved Me,” as captured at Exit/In on Feb. 8, 2024. (Hustler Multimedia/Arianna Santiago)
Arianna Santiago

IN PHOTOS: Lyn Lapid closes her ‘epilogue’ tour in Nashville

The Gen-Z artist wrapped up her tour with a heartfelt performance, proving her mettle beyond the digital realm.

Lyn Lapid headlined a sold-out show at Nashville’s Exit/In, the final flourish of the tour named for her debut album’s extended release. Lapid’s performance showcased her remarkable growth from online covers to a full-fledged artist.

Lapid has ascended from TikTok fame to a live music sensation, with an enthusiastic fan base to match. Lapid’s bedroom-pop covers and originals were the soundtrack of my packing for college four years ago. I was excited to watch a fellow Filipina-American take the stage and live out her dreams.

Opening act Ashley Mehta, hailing from San Francisco, set the enthusiastic tone for the evening. She calmed the crowd and herself with a shared breathing exercise before diving into her set – original, upbeat pop songs punctuated by an acoustic mashup of Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo and Bruno Mars. The penultimate moment of the performance was a birthday surprise for Mehta; Lapid and her band donned metallic hats and presented a cake, leading the audience in a heartwarming “Happy Birthday” chorus. Mehta concluded with a high-energy performance of “Self Destruction Mode” that left the audience primed and ready for the headline act.

Lapid’s set began with “Pager,” a song from her debut EP “The Outsider,” which had the audience chanting “Your toxicity/Has no place with me!” back at her. Her energy was infectious, contrasting her soft-spoken interactions. 

She soaked in the crowd’s love, evidenced by the array of gifts received – friendship bracelets, flowers, a hand-crocheted bandana and more. “You guys are so loud and energetic, I love it!” Lapid exclaimed. “I always knew Nashville was gonna be the best place to end the Epilogue tour,” she shared, connecting with the crowd before launching into “Producer Man,” the viral song that skyrocketed her to fame.

The highlight for me was Lapid’s solo ukulele performances of “like you want me to” and “When She Loved Me” under a sea of flashlights. These songs captured the nostalgic