Knox performs at Exit/In, as photographed on Feb. 9, 2024. (Hustler Multimedia/Sharmila Adapa)
Sharmila Adapa

IN PHOTOS: Knox rocks the stage at Exit/In on his first headlining tour

Knox performs for his hometown crowd in Nashville.

On Friday, Knox hit the stage at Exit/In as a part of his first headlining tour titled “I’m So Good At Being Alone.” With this sold-out show being in his hometown, Knox mentioned that he had high hopes for the crowd’s energy throughout the night and couldn’t wait to “get the party started.” 

The show kicked off with performances by Spencer Jordan and maryjo. Jordan is one of Knox’s friends who has been a part of Knox’s team, working on writing and composition. It was exciting to see his transition from behind the scenes to a role in the spotlight, sharing his own music with the world. 

During his song “We’re Not In Love Anymore,” Knox was surprised by Charlotte Sands and Cam Becker with mics in hand, ready to sing the song with him. Knox showed extra love to both Sands and Becker who he cited as being instrumental to his journey as a musician, with Becker producing his music and Sands being a frequent collaborator. 

Knox played his hit songs “Not the 1975” and “Sneakers,” while also debuting some unreleased music. He performed “Invisible,” a slower ballad, with just his guitar for an acoustic set. This was probably my favorite song of the night, as it was unique from the rest of his discography and highlighted his songwriting strengths. The crowd was silent during this song, making the performance feel more intimate. 

From hearing “Not the 1975” on a TikTok a few months ago to finally seeing Knox perform on stage, I can easily say my expectations were surpassed by miles. He is an engaging performer whose energy and enthusiasm easily transfer to the crowd. This concert was one of my favorites of the new year, and I will definitely keep my eye out for “Invisible” when it comes out later!