IN PHOTOS: Avery Lynch’s music is ‘all i need’

Avery Lynch brought her heartwrenching lyricism and angelic voice to The End in Nashville.
Chloe Pryor
Avery Lynch performs center stage at The End, as photographed on Nov. 9, 2023. (Hustler Multimedia/Chloe Pryor)

I was lucky enough to find Avery Lynch’s music well over two years ago and have not stopped listening since. My chaotic DMs to her showcase my overwhelming excitement, in which I shared that she had me “sobbing” upon the first listen to her music. After many releases since that date, Lynch continues to amaze me with her heartwrenching lyricism and angelic voice. I could not have been more excited when Lynch announced she was heading to Nashville to open for Blü Eyes on tour. 

When Lynch walked on stage, she immediately made The End feel like a friend group reunion. Instead of beginning with a song, she started casually speaking with the crowd — something artists don’t often initially do. She shouted out the first opener, Isabel Pless, who notably shares a birthday with Lynch, before playing “Out Of Love with You.” Though it was just Lynch and her piano on stage, she was able to captivate the room. Before playing her second song, she asked the crowd a question. 

“How’s everyone feeling tonight?” Lynch said. “Well, I’m about to put a damper on it,” responding to the “woos” of the crowd. 

Lynch continued her set with “useless information,” one of her recent releases. The song discusses trying to forget all the pieces of someone you used to want to know but now want to forget after breaking up. She then played “To Love Someone Else,” a song many fans found her from, and “you’re just a guy,” which hit a million streams on Spotify the night before the show. After sharing this, Lynch thanked everyone for supporting independent artists like her and how much it meant that people came early to listen to her set. 

Lynch then performed “Sorry It Had To Be You,” an unreleased song coming out before the year ends, and a cover of Elvis Presley’s iconic “Can’t Help Falling in Love” in which she encouraged the audience to sing along. The crowd’s harmonies complemented Avery’s soft vocals beautifully. 

Lynch ended her set with “all i need (the distance song),” one of my favorites by her. As soon as she walked off stage, Jeremy Zucker’s “Cry with you” started playing, which was very fitting for the emotions she left the crowd with. If you ever need a song to cry to, Avery Lynch’s music will be the perfect soundtrack.