‘Loud Luxury’ to headline Lights on the Lawn Sept. 29.

Student organizations will compete in a fundraising competition to nominate the opening DJ of the concert.
Narenkumar Thirmiya
Two Friends perform at Lights on the Lawn 2022, as photographed on Sept. 16, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Narenkumar Thirmiya)

Musical duo “Loud Luxury” and DJ pair Alex Rayne Music will take the Alumni Lawn stage at the annual Lights on the Lawn benefit concert on Sept. 29. LOTL donates concert profits to the Mary Parrish Center, a non-profit transitional housing center for survivors of interpersonal violence. 

According to LOTL president and junior Nate Mulligan, LOTL is the IFC’s flagship philanthropy event. 

“While our advisors are in the Office of Greek Life, we recruit students that we believe are best for the job, regardless if they are involved with Greek Life or not,” Mulligan said in a message to The Hustler. 

“Loud Luxury” is a Canadian-duo composed of Andrew Fedyk and Joe Depace who produced dance-pop hits like “Body” and “If Only I” (feat. Bebe Rexha). They will be joined by Alex Rayne Music, a DJ duo composed of Vanderbilt senior Ryan McCord and Alex Boyd (‘21). Loud Luxury headlined the 2021 virtual LOTL and is less mainstream than past headliners like Quin XCII and Steve Aoki

“We choose performers based on popularity with the college demographic,” Mulligan said. “While we did not take input from the whole campus, we discussed a lot with the full LOTL team when choosing this year’s performers.” 

The Vanderbilt duo of Alex Rayne Music described their music as a combination of progression and bass house. In addition to remixes, they will be performing six unreleased original tracks at the show, which will be released later this fall.

“We have worked tirelessly since February to try to bring the excitement of LOTL back to Vanderbilt’s campus, and it is going to be so rewarding seeing thousands of you jumping to our music knowing all our time, effort and cash will go to a great cause,” Alex Rayne Music said in a message to The Hustler. “The Mary Parrish center does so many amazing things, and I am proud to be able to support it.”

First-year Drew Nelles expressed that although he cannot attend LOTL, he thinks the lineup is something students can look forward to. 

“I am excited about the artist choice, and I’m hopeful that there will continue to be a diverse group of performers in the coming years just as they’ve managed to do this year,” Nelles said in a message to The Hustler. “‘Loud Luxury’ is certainly a niche genre of music, but I think music in general brings people together, so LOTL will be a worthwhile event to attend.” 

Since its start on campus 11 years ago, LOTL has donated 100% of its proceeds to the MPC. This year, a new twist on fundraising will be introduced.

“We are going to launch a fundraising competition for the opening slot, where the [student] organization that donates the most [money] can nominate a Vanderbilt student to DJ the start of the show,” Mulligan said. 

Tickets will cost $25 and are on sale beginning Aug. 24 at 5 p.m. CDT. Students can pay online or with their Commodore Cards at the Sarratt Box Office.