April’s concert cheat sheet

With artists ranging from Ferg to beabadoobee to Luke Combs, there’s an artist for everyone in Nashville this month.
Graphic depicting several music-related items with the words “April concert cheat sheet.” (Hustler Multimedia/Lexie Perez)

Get excited for a little bit of everything this month in Music City. We’ve created a comprehensive list to make sure that you don’t miss out on all the country, rap, folk and pop coming to Nashville in April. 

Weyes Blood, April 5 

Natalie Laura Mering, better known as Weyes Blood (pronounced “wise blood”), will be gracing the Brooklyn Bowl stage with her ethereal presence this April. On her “In Holy Flux Tour,” the folk-pop artist will perform her most recent album, “And In the Darkness, Hearts Aglow.” The album seeks to escape the tribulations of the ideological chaos of the modern world with songs like “It’s Not Just Me, It’s Everybody.” Known for her 2019 breakout album, “Titanic Rising,” the Californian is adept at transcending the mortal world with her mesmerizing visual and auditory concert experience. 

LeAnn Rimes, April 8

Country star LeAnn Rimes rose to international fame by becoming the youngest person to win a Grammy at the age of 14. While known for her hit cover of the song “Blue,” Rimes reaped further success in songs like “Can’t Fight The Moonlight” and her heart-wrenching “How Do I Live.” As the capital of the country music world, Nashville is the perfect place to stomp your boots to this country queen’s soaring vocals at the Ryman.

Aly & AJ, April 10

Disney stars and sister-duo Aly & AJ will head to the Ryman this month to play their most recent album, “With Love From.” Aly & AJ have been beloved by many since their early acting careers in Disney Channel Original movies and classic 2000s hits like “Potential Breakup Song.” Head out to the Ryman to listen to bright, folksy music with a few throwbacks in the mix.  

Chase Rice, April 11

Country singer Chase Rice is headed to the Ryman on his “Way Over Yonder Tour.” While he’s played with country giants like Kane Brown and Garth Brooks, you may instead know him as the runner-up contestant on “Survivor: Nicaragua.” Music ultimately emerged as Rice’s greatest passion, and he placed himself on the map when he co-wrote Florida Georgia Line’s immensely popular “Cruise.” His new album dedicated to his father, “I Hate Cowboys & All Dogs Go To Hell,” is deeply personal and introspective, featuring numerous acoustic numbers like “I Hate Cowboys.” Prepare to bring some tissues and hear Rice’s gravelly voice dominate the incredible auditorium.  

Luke Combs, April 15

Multi-platinum country singer Luke Combs is set to perform in his “World Tour” at Nissan Stadium. Spanning three continents and 39 shows, Combs embarks on the biggest tour ever for a country artist. With multiple number one hits, like “When It Rains It Pours,” on Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart, fans love Combs for his ability to evoke intimacy through his skillful storytelling whilst maintaining a powerful delivery of lyrics. In Nashville, the audience should look forward to hearing his 2022 album, “Growin’ Up,” with hits like “Doin’ This” and “Going, Going Gone.” The North Carolina native’s highly anticipated album, “Growin’ Old,” has just been released. If you are a country music fan, Comb’s stellar lyricism paired with catchy melodies are sure to have you immersed in his world. 

The Happy Fits, April 15

The New Jersey-based trio The Happy Fits have carved their place in the indie world as one of the most exciting up-and-coming bands. Known for upbeat, energetic tunes like “So Alright, Cool, Whatever,” the band’s electrifying pop-rock style has captured many fans. The Happy Fits will be performing its newest album, “Under The Shade of Green,” at the Basement East. While exploring themes of anxiety, the songs suceed in retaining a bright, cheeky attitude. Don’t miss the opportunity to dance your feet off and have a thoroughly good time. 

Rites of Spring, April 21-22

Rites of Spring is happening this month, and the student body is humming with excitement over it. This year’s lineup includes A$AP Ferg, Sean Kingston, Muni Long, Coco Jones, Yaubryon, Maude Latour, Edgehill and Dayglow. Get ready to jam out to everything from “Shooting Glances” to “Fire Burning” to “Plain Jane” — it’s about to be a wild ride over at Alumni Lawn. 

Mac Ayres, April 23

Check out singer-songwriter Mac Ayres as he performs his “Comfortable Enough” tour at the Brooklyn Bowl. His debut song, “Easy” has over 150 million streams on Spotify, and he is known for being an independent artist focusing on R&B and jazz fusion sounds. His fifth studio album, “Comfortable Enough” came out on March 17, so the tour is sure to feature some new and exciting music. 

beabadoobee, April 25 

Beatrice Kristi Ilejay Laus, known as beabadoobee, is a Filipino-British singer-songwriter known for her angelic indie-rock and bedroom-pop hits. At 22, she has already released two albums, the most recent being her 2022 release of “Beatopia.” At Marathon Music Works, she will be playing her “Beatopia” tour, drawing on her 7-year-old imagination to create fuzzy rock and pop songs (check out “See You Soon”). Indie pop artist Joe P will open the show, bringing hits from his EPs “Emily Can’t Sing” and “Off My Mind.” 

Lil Wayne, April 27 

American rapper Lil Wayne began his career at age 12 when he joined Cash Money Records. Since then, he has been known for his iconic hits “A Milli,” “Lollipop (ft. Static Major)” and “Mr. Carter (ft. Jay Z).” With 14 studio albums and 29 mixtapes, Lil Wayne has a large discography, and his next album “Tha Carter VI” is on the way. Catch him this month at Marathon Music Works.