2023 Rites of Spring lineup confirmed after being removed from site, tickets now on sale

Headliners Ferg and Dayglow will be joined by Sean Kingston, Muni Long, Coco Jones, Maude Latour, Edgehill and Yaubryon at the annual campus concert.
Jorie Fawcett
Graphic posted on Ticketweb of Kirkland Hall with the words “Rites of Spring 2 day pass,” as captured on March 24, 2023. (Hustler Staff/Jorie Fawcett)

The VPB Music Group confirmed the 2023 Rites of Spring lineup in an email to students on March 22. Ferg and Dayglow will headline the concert on April 21 and 22, joined by Sean Kingston, Muni Long, Coco Jones, Maude Latour, Edgehill and Yaubryon. 

As of March 24, Tickets are now on sale via Ticketweb and the Sarratt Box Office (only with Commodore card) for $25. Only one ticket per person can be purchased at $25 when the price increases to $35 on April 14. Students can use the code RITESSTUDENT to access the student ticket price.

The same lineup was previously live on the website for the office of Student Affairs but was later removed. VPB sent a survey to students in December 2022, allowing respondents to rank the top 10 artists they wanted to see at the concert out of a list of musicians. 

VPB stated in the email they received 1,509 responses. The top seven artists in order were Lil Yachty, Offset, Sean Kingston, Chief Keef, City Girls, NLE Choppa and Omar Apollo. The top four musical genres voted for were pop, hip-hop, alternative and R&B. Out of the seven ranked artists, only Sean Kingston will be performing at Rites of Spring. VPB explained several reasons for the difference in student opinion and the final lineup. 

“A large majority of the artists were unavailable for our festival dates due to touring with other artists (Omar Apollo with SZA), booked by another school or their price exceeded our festival budget,” VPB Music Group said in an email to students. “So instead of charging a $70 ticket for students we decided to go with the most cost-effective artist.”