PODCAST: Emmy Award-Winner Simon Gibbs explains why you should hate the NET

This week’s edition of Live from West End features a surprise appearance from former Sports Editor Simon Gibbs. He joins Aiden, Bryce and Frankie via phone to discuss Vanderbilt’s postseason outlook.
Anseley Philippe
Ezra Manjon gets back on defense against Mississippi State on March 5, 2023 (Hustler Multimedia/Anseley Phillipe).

On an extra-long episode of Live from West End, Deputy Sports Editor Frankie Sheehy returns to the studio, joining Deputy Sports Editor Aiden Rutman and Sports Editor Bryce Smith. An impromptu call from former Sports Editor Simon Gibbs leads to an in-depth rant and analysis of Vanderbilt’s net rating as the group discusses why all Vanderbilt fans should hate the metric. They also discuss what Vanderbilt’s path to the NCAA Tournament will look like, with the Commodores needing wins in the SEC Tournament, as well as losses from their fellow bubble teams. The group ends with a season-recap of the Women’s basketball team, praising head coach Shea Ralph for the culture she is instilling. After a brief baseball recap, Frankie, Aiden and Bryce end with their three questions for the week.

Further Reading

Jerry Stackhouse named SEC Co-Coach of Year, Liam Robbins Defensive Player of Year: Vanderbilt fourth-year head coach Jerry Stackhouse was named SEC Co-Coach of the Year by the league’s coaches, as announced on Monday afternoon. Center Liam Robbins was also named Defensive Player of the Year and First Team All-SEC, per the coaches.