Women’s Golf: The Commodores secure eighth place at Darius Rucker Intercollegiate

Vanderbilt Women’s Golf team keeps its momentum going at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate Invitational.
Vanderbilt+finished+in+third+at+the+Mason+Rudolph+Championship+last+weekend+%28Vanderbilt+Athletics%29.+
Vanderbilt finished in third at the Mason Rudolph Championship last weekend (Vanderbilt Athletics).

From Feb. 27-March 1, Vanderbilt Women’s Golf participated in the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate Invitational and placed eighth overall. 

The Commodores showcased their team skills at the South Carolinian 54-hole, three-day invitational, shooting a 298, just 9-over par.  Jointly hosted by the University of South Carolina and the Long Cove Club in Hilton Head Island, the invitational is considered one of the highest-profile golf tournaments in the country. The Commodores competed against a field of 17 teams, including Alabama, Auburn, Duke, Howard and Wake Forest, the 2022 Champions. 

On the first day, Celina Sattelkau and Virginie Ding tied for No. 23 individually with 2-over par 73s through the first 18 holes, leading the Commodores to a ninth-place standing. Vanderbilt continued to climb up the ranks on the second day, completing the course in a total of 286 strokes, compared to 296 on the previous round and 293 the last day. The tournament finished on a rather positive note as Celina Sattelkau and Tillie Claggett finished within the top-25 players.

The Commodores will head back to South Carolina for the Clemson Invitational from March 24-26.