Vanderbilt announces new student ticket and COVID-19 policies for basketball games

On Monday and Wednesday, Vanderbilt announced a new student ticket process and defined their COVID-19 policies for all basketball games.
Memorial+Gym
Memorial Gymnasium photographed. (Hustler Multimedia/Emily Gonçalves)

With basketball season rapidly approaching, Vanderbilt provided a number of updates to their student ticket process and COVID-19 policies for next week’s men’s and women’s basketball games.

On Monday, Nov 1, all students received an email to claim their student basketball tickets. Similarly to football tickets, students will now need to claim their tickets via an online portal and show them at the entrance to enter games. Claiming tickets will work on a monthly basis. Once a student enters the portal, they will be able to claim tickets for each and every men’s and women’s game in a given month. Tickets for all November games are now available for claiming.

“Each month you will receive an email with a link to claim game tickets for the month. Tickets are free to you as a student, and we hope you will join us at the games and cheer on the black and gold!,” the email read. “Tickets must be downloaded to your phone to scan upon entry. The deadline to claim your student ticket is 11:59 p.m. the day before each game.”

Once claimed, students can expect an email within 24 hours of the event starting with access to the actual ticket. Formerly, Vanderbilt students were able to show their Commodore Cards for entrance into all basketball games.

In addition to the new student ticketing process, Vanderbilt also released a statement regarding COVID-19 policies for all basketball games this winter. The policy, which mirrors Bridgestone Arena’s previous policy, mandates either proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test.

“Vanderbilt Athletics remains committed to keeping our campus community and fans as healthy and safe as possible while attending our events,” Vanderbilt indicated in a press release. “At this time, all attendees at Memorial Gymnasium ages 12 and older will have the option to present either proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test administered within 72 hours prior to the event or proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to enter.”

Children ages 11 years or younger are currently exempt from this policy and no specific mask mandate was provided in the release. However, the school did indicate that masking requirements would be “communicated to fans in advance.” Currently, Vanderbilt has an indoor mask policy for everyone regardless of vaccination status everywhere on campus.

The women’s program opens its season and the Shea Ralph era by hosting to Gardner-Webb on Nov. 9, while the men welcome Alabama State on Nov. 10 to begin their slate.