Skip Bayless to speak at Vanderbilt on April 20

Vanderbilt Hustler alum Skip Bayless will be speaking at Vanderbilt on Friday, April 20 from 3-4 PM in the John Seigenthaler Center Lecture Hall (1207 18th Avenue South).

Space at the Q&A is open to Vanderbilt students and alumni. The event is sold out, but you can register for a waitlist HERE.

Bayless, A&S ’74, is a Grantland Rice Scholarship winner, Vanderbilt Hustler sports editor and cum laude graduate, who has enjoyed a long and celebrated sports journalism career including reporting at The Miami Herald, Los Angeles Times, The Dallas Morning News and the Chicago Tribune and is the author of three books about the Dallas Cowboys. He is best known for his nationally recognized work as a sports commentator on ESPN and Fox Sports. He is an inaugural member of the Vanderbilt Student Media Hall of Fame.

He currently hosts “Skip and Shannon: Undisputed” with Shannon Sharpe, airing weekday mornings on Fox Sports 1.

The Q&A event is free and will include a meet and greet/photo opportunity afterwards. All in attendance will receive a free “Undisputed” T-Shirt.

While in Nashville, Bayless will also present a the first Skip Bayless Award for Excellence in Sports Journalism at a private student media event on Thursday, April 19. The award will be presented annually to an outstanding Vanderbilt student who exhibits a tireless work ethic and relentless commitment to truth telling in sports coverage, analysis and commentary. The winner will have his or her name etched into a new permanent display in Sarratt Student Center.