Gunna singing to the crowd, as photographed on May 28, 2024. (Hustler Multimedia/Olivia Noell)
Olivia Noell

‘Drip Too Hard’: Gunna makes waves in Nashville

Gunna was joined by Flo Milli for “The Bittersweet Tour” at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium.

On May 28, Gunna, accompanied by opener Flo Milli, delivered an unforgettable performance to an upbeat, loud crowd for his Nashville stop on “The Bittersweet Tour.” As the spotlights illuminated the stage, Gunna showcased a winter-themed performance with fake snow and icy backgrounds. He was also joined by a wooly beast, a large statue of his head and three different outfits. This distinctive setup further showcased Gunna’s artistic creativity and made the show stand out from most concerts.

Flo Milli kicked off the evening with a charming performance featuring 13 of her hit songs across her two studio albums and countless singles. Some of my favorites from the night were “Conceited,” “Beef FloMix” and “In The Party.” During her second and eighth songs, she jumped off stage and joined fans by the barricade, taking photos and singing with them. It was amazing to see an artist be able to engage with so many of her fans and sing simultaneously. She concluded her performance with her most popular 2023 single, “Never Lose Me.” Her infectious energy further intensified my anticipation for Gunna.

As anticipation peaked, the audience erupted as Gunna walked alongside the barricade and interacted with fans, opening with the title track “Bittersweet” from his latest album. Gunna entertained the crowd by playing 43 songs across his five studio albums and many singles. He illustrated his influence and versatility as an artist and songwriter, performing hits that single-handedly introduced new slang with “pushin P” and that emphasize personal growth with “time reveals, be careful what you wish for.” He also played classic party anthems like “Drip Too Hard” (with Lil Baby) and “fukumean,” both met with the audience jumping, singing and dancing.

As the night drew to an end, Gunna closed out his set with a Victor Thompson cover, “THIS YEAR (Blessings).” This concert was truly a testament to Gunna’s ability to command the stage with his charisma, energy and passion for performance.

Gunna and Flo Milli’s interactions with the crowd were unique to their performance. I have yet to see such engaging artists, with both of them going up to the barricade and singing with fans and posing for photos. Gunna and Flo Milli were the first artists I have seen perform at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium, and their performance will certainly be difficult to top.

Olivia Noell
Olivia Noell, Staff Photographer
Olivia Noell (‘25) is from Anniston, Ala., and is majoring in neuroscience, medicine, health and society and gender and sexuality studies in the College of Arts and Science. She enjoys hammocking, spending time with friends and trying new restaurants around Nashville. You can reach her at [email protected].