There’s more to Nashville than Broadway: Nightlife and entertainment venues without age restrictions

Check out this list of fun, niche and simple venues that don’t have age restrictions.
Laura Vaughan
Centennial Park’s Parthenon on a sunny afternoon, as captured on Sept. 2, 2023. (Hustler Multimedia/Laura Vaughan)

It can be frustrating living in Nashville, especially when you’re under the age of 21. It seems like everything in the city is limited to those 21 and older, which makes it harder to enjoy nightlife and entertainment in the city. These are nine establishments that are open to people of all ages. Whether it is for dining, entertainment or just casual outings, this list should suit a variety of interests.

Fifth + Broadway

The “ultimate shopping experience” takes place at Fifth + Broadway. 

Ryman Auditorium

Ryman Auditorium, home of country music, is Nashville’s most-visited tourist destination. With its long history of being transformed from a place of worship to an official historical landmark as of 2001, there is so much to appreciate. They offer tours that give you insight into their history and even allow you to stand on the iconic stage or a glimpse inside Johnny Cash’s tour bus! You can buy different types of tour tickets on their website: Self Guided, Guided Backstage, Ryman VIP, Country Duos and Group Tours. They also host special events including Pete Davidson on Dec. 29 and Dancing with the Stars on Feb. 15. Ryman Auditorium is an 8-minute drive from campus. 

Bridgestone Arena

Whether you’re into sports, concerts or experiences, Bridgestone Arena hosts many iconic events every week for people to enjoy. Upcoming events include the Nashville Predators game on Jan. 2, Monster Jam on Jan. 6, Aerosmith on Jan. 10, Harlem Globetrotters on Jan. 20, Olivia Rodrigo: GUTS on March 9 and Fall Out Boy on March 31. Bridgestone Arena is a 10-minute drive from main campus. 

Bluebird Cafe

The Bluebird Cafe is an iconic part of Nashville, as it serves as a space for performers to share their craft in a historic and intimate setting. It has helped artists like Taylor Swift, Keith Urban and Garth Brooks gain recognition in the music industry, and it continues to support upcoming artists every Monday through its open mic nights. They have a range of diverse performances every day, with Grammy-Award-winning artists like Trisha Yearwood and songwriters like Kelly Archer. The Bluebird cafe has no age restrictions, except for their bar stools. It is open from 5-11 p.m. CT and is a 13-minute drive from Vanderbilt. The Bluebird Cafe often sells out quickly, so be sure to book your tickets in advance.

Assembly Food Hall

At Assembly Food Hall, you can eat many different types of food and enjoy live entertainment.  It has 30+ authentic eateries, ranging from tacos to pizza to pho. There is also live entertainment with different events and a rooftop area. If you or your friends are 21+  they also have different bars, so everyone can be with one another, regardless of age. Assembly Food Hall is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT (on Friday and Saturday, it’s open till 12 a.m. CT), and is a 13-minute drive from campus. 

Pinewood Social

A fun game of bowling has never looked better than at the Pinewood Social! With six reclaimed wood lanes and a simple menu with breakfast, lunch and dinner options, it makes for a vibrant and exciting environment. They also have brunch every weekend, where they have a wide range of options like crispy tots, breakfast tacos and everything bagel sandwiches. Pinewood Social is open for all ages, except for their pool area, which is 21+. It is a 14-minute drive from Vanderbilt. 

Game Terminal

Whether you’re an expert with arcade games or not, Game Terminal is the perfect destination to enjoy! With an extensive list of arcade games to offer, there is something for everyone. You can play a classic game of Pac-Man or try one of their more unique games ranging from “Captain America” and “Avengers” to “Fast and Furious 2.” They even have themed pinball machines, including Elvis, Shrek and Lord of the Rings. If you aren’t huge on video games, you can play an outdoor game of corn hole, ping pong or giant Jenga. You can also check out their menu with various options. They also serve alcoholic beverages. Game Terminal’s hours depend on the day, and it is a 16-minute drive from Vanderbilt.

Gamepoint Cafe

A coffeehouse merged with a massive collection of board games is the perfect way to connect and hang out with friends and family. With over 400 games including classic, family, party and strategy, there are endless possibilities at Gamepoint Cafe. They have a full menu and a coffee bar. Gamepoint Cafe is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT, and is a 17-minute drive from Vanderbilt. 

Opry Mills

Opry Mills is the perfect place to shop and hang out with friends! With over 200 stores, including clothing, dining and entertainment experiences, there is a lot to do! You can visit Madame Tussauds wax museum, watch a film at Regals Cinemas or get a bite to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. Opry Mills is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT, and is a 33-minute drive from main campus. 

No matter where you decide to venture to, these establishments will offer a fun experience for people of all ages. There is more to Nashville than Broadway, and we encourage you to check it out! 

Abigail Delattre
Abigail Delattre, Staff Writer
Abby Delattre (‘26) is from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., and studies communications in the College of Arts and Science. She serves as a staff writer for the Life section. When she’s not writing for The Hustler, she is listening to music, reading or watching Inside Edition! You can reach her at [email protected]
Sean Onamade
Sean Onamade, Digital Director
Sean Onamade (‘25) is from Calgary, Canada, and is majoring in computer science in the School of Engineering. When not staying up late to work on code, Sean snaps photos, hits the gym and takes some time to learn a new language. He can be reached at [email protected].
Laura Vaughan
Laura Vaughan, Senior Staff Photographer
Laura Vaughan (‘25) is a student in the College of Arts and Science studying mathematics and economics. When not out on an assignment for The Hustler, she can be found studying in the Schulman Center, having lunch at Frutta Bowls or trying to clean her file structure. She is available at [email protected].