PODCAST: Athletic Director Candice Lee joins to discuss NIL, Vanderbilt experience and more

On episode 13 of Live from West End, athletic director Candice Lee joins Andrew and Aiden in the studio.
Candice Storey Lee, Vice Chancellor, Athletics and University Affairs and Athletic Director, speaks at the Vanderbilt Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Jan. 28, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Josh Rehders).

On a very special episode of Live from West End, athletic director Candice Lee virtually joins Sports Editor Andrew Wilf and Deputy Sports Editor Aiden Rutman in the studio. Together, the three discuss the changing scape of college athletics with the introduction of NIL and the streamlining of the transfer process. Lee also offers insight into Vandy United and its progress, as well as her vision for the future of not just Vanderbilt athletics, but the university as a whole. The three end with discussions of some of Lee’s favorite memories as both a student-athlete and the athletic director of Vanderbilt. Upon Candice’s departure, Andrew and Aiden end with breakdowns of Vanderbilt Men’s and Women’s Basketball’s first games, including what went right for head coach Shea Ralph and Co., and what went wrong for head coach Jerry Stackhouse and his Commodores.

Further Reading

Three Matchups to Watch: Vanderbilt vs. South Carolina: After suffering a deflating eighth straight defeat, the Commodores travel to Williams-Brice Stadium to take on the South Carolina Gamecocks on Saturday.

Recruiting: Vanderbilt adds pair of three-star recruits to 2024 class: Guard Tyler Tanner and center Jamie Vinson will join the Commodores next year.