Vandy students pose with their Halloween decorations at the West End Trick or Treat Festival, as photographed on Oct. 27, 2023. (Hustler Multimedia/Salma Elhandaoui)
Salma Elhandaoui

IN PHOTOS: Student Affairs hosts West End Block Party

Nashville community members and their children celebrated Halloween at the West End Trick or Treat Festival.

Vanderbilt never falls short on its Halloween festivities, and this year certainly didn’t disappoint. On Oct. 27, Student Affairs hosted the West End Neighborhood Trick or Treat Festival, from 5 to 7 p.m. CDT to kick off families’ Halloweekend.

West End Neighborhood Fall Festival started in 2022 as a safe event for families around Nashville to dress up, trick-or-treat and listen to spooky music. Multiple stations were situated around the West End Neighborhood with Halloween decorations, chocolate, inflatables and toys for children to enjoy. 

As Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and The Specials’ “Ghost Town” blasted on the radio, Vanderbilt Athletics, Greek Life chapters and other student organizations welcomed members of the Nashville community with vibrant smiles. Children grabbed candy from various tables around the neighborhood accompanied by their guardians and engaged in spooky challenges to win prizes. 

Children weren’t the only ones dressed up for the party. To amplify the Halloween spirit, Vandy students joined in too. Students wore costumes such as Mickey Mouse, Scooby-Doo and Shaggy Rogers, Wally, Patrick the Star and many more.