Potted flowers surround pumpkins at the Nashville Farmers Market, as photographed on Oct. 1, 2023. (Hustler Multimedia/Abby Hoelscher)
Potted flowers surround pumpkins at the Nashville Farmer’s Market, as photographed on Oct. 1, 2023. (Hustler Multimedia/Abby Hoelscher)
Abby Hoelscher

The ultimate guide to Nashville’s farmers’ markets this fall

As we prepare for the fall season, take a trip to a local farmers market (or several) for great produce and a relaxing break from the midterm grind.

The leaves around campus are starting to fall and everyone knows what that means — fall is on its way! Whether you’re looking for food trucks, some healthy, fall-inspired snacks for your dorm room or a nice coffee to add to your walk, the plethora of Nashville farmers markets will most definitely have just what you’re looking for. 

As a fall enthusiast and a frequent farmers market shopper, I have compiled a list of all of my favorites, from nearest to farthest from campus, with all of the information you need to find your perfect spot! 

The VUMC Farmers Market

Where: Vanderbilt Medical Center Plaza 

When: Every Thursday from June 1 – Oct. 26 from 12-3:30 p.m. CDT

The VUMC farmers market is perfect for anyone looking just to take a quick stroll around campus and try something new this fall season. Within the booths, you’ll find Laurel Mountain Bakery for some amazing breads, pies and cookies to supply your miniature dorm room kitchen. If you’re looking to start some healthy habits, Revity Farms will have freeze-dried microgreens, hummus, guacamole and more! In addition to these booths, there will also be food trucks with a variety of cuisines to choose from, such as Somali street food. 

12 South Farmers Market  

Where: Sevier Park in Nashville, Tenn. 

When: Every Tuesday from May 2 – Oct. 31 from 4-7 p.m. CDT

If you’re looking for an evening trip after your Tuesday classes, 12 South Farmers Market is home to live music and cool booths all the way through October. For those looking for a special fall decoration, Amelia’s Flower Truck has all of your favorite fall flowers this season. In addition, two of my favorite treats, Fratello’s Italian ice and Bubbled Up gourmet waffles, will be available for those with a sweet tooth. 

East Nashville Farmers Market 

Where: 511 Woodland Street Nashville, Tenn. 37206 

When: Every Tuesday from April 4 – Oct. 31 from 3:30-6:30 p.m. CDT; time changes to 3-6 p.m. CDT from Nov. 7 – Dec. 26 

Of all of the farmers markets I’ve covered, East Nashville has the farmers market with some of the most unique offerings this fall season. One that made it on my own personal list to try is Wood + Wolfe, which does permanent jewelry and is perfect for a best friend day trip. If you’re looking for something with a little bit of spice, Tucker’s Pepper Company will have a booth full of small-batch hot sauces, salsas, spice blends and even Bloody Mary mix. All in all, this is a must-try if you’re wanting to make some adventurous purchases. 

Richland Park Farmers Market 

Where: Richland Park on Charlotte Ave.

When: Open Saturdays year-round; 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. CDT through Dec.

The first thing that caught my eye at this market was Lana’s Flowers, which offers pre-arranged mason jar and hand-tied bouquets as well as build-your-own bouquets. After buying some flowers, bagel lovers should definitely try out Big Ben’s Bagels, which has so many innovative bagel sandwiches and bagel dogs to choose from. Lastly, if you’re from the South (or even if you’re not) you should try out Deep South Pies for the widest variety of baked goods I’ve seen. Overall, if you’re looking for a cute day trip and Instagram photos, you’ll love it here. 

Nashville Farmers Market 

Where: 900 Rosa L Parks Blvd, Nashville, Tenn. 37208

When: Open daily from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT; Night Market on the 4th Friday of every month from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. CDT

If you’re looking for a market where you could walk for hours, this one’s for you! Outside, you’ll find a wide array of booths stuffed with fall-themed goods. If you’re looking to carve pumpkins this season or looking for produce, this market has this in abundance. Another cool addition to the outside area is Panini Bread Cafe, which has breads, scones, brownies and cookies of all shapes and flavors. Before you leave, make sure to go inside the market house for some coffee or a nice lunch from a wide variety of vendors. 

Hip Donelson Farmers Market 

Where: Donelson Station: 2705 Lebanon Pike, Nashville, Tenn. 37214

When: Fridays from Sept. 1 – Oct. 27; 4:00-6:30 p.m. CDT

If you’re looking for a little day trip outside of the Vanderbubble, this is an amazing place to venture out to. My must-stop booth here is Flora + Moon Candle Studio, which has some of the most amazing fall scents for your dorm or apartment. If you’re a fan of honey for your tea or coffee in the morning, Butterbean Honey has created a mild-tasting honey that is perfect. Lastly, it wouldn’t be a farmers market without food and sweets. Caity Pies Bakery and BBQ is a two-for-one stop to fill up after you’re tired of walking around. 

The Bellevue Farmers Market 

Where: Red Caboose Park on Jeanne Rd.

When: Open May 4, 2023 – Oct. 26, 2023 on Thursdays from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. CDT

If you’re looking for some new additions to your dorm for a cozy fall season, this market has so many options. As a major coffee addict, Pit Stop Coffee Co. has the true necessities for every college student: cold brew and cold brew concentrate. If you’re looking for a cozy blanket, The Longest Thread offers Turkish towels and blankets that are incredibly soft and come in the prettiest fall colors. In addition to all these normal offerings, they also are holding a pop-up shop event on Oct. 12 that is perfect for college students and will include vintage clothing, craft vendors, food trucks and live music.