IN PHOTOS: Dores in Solidarity with Palestine host National Charity Walk for Palestine

The DSP event took place in conjunction with student groups at three universities across the country.
Ophelia Lu
Dores in Solidarity with Palestine making their way to Alumni Lawn, as photographed on Oct. 19, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Ophelia Lu)

Dores in Solidarity with Palestine participated in the National Charity Walk for Palestine to advocate for human rights in Palestine on Oct. 19. The demonstration was conducted in coordination with the University of Buffalo, University of Michigan and St. John’s University.

The demonstration began with a walk from Commons Lawn to Alumni Lawn. Participants held Palestinian flags and chanted “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” and “Free free Palestine.” 

“DSP believes that the occupation of Palestine and the systems of injustice present in the state of Israel can only end when citizens of conscious from all backgrounds come together to call on those in power to be held accountable,” DSP’s mission statement on Anchor Link reads.

Dores in Solidarity with Palestine arriving at Alumni Hall, closing the demonstration with a brief speech on hopes for Palestine, as photographed on Oct. 19, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Ophelia Lu)
Dores in Solidarity with Palestine arriving at Alumni Hall, closing the demonstration with a brief speech on hopes for Palestine, as photographed on Oct. 19, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Ophelia Lu) (Ophelia Lu)

Once the walk arrived at Alumni Hall, attendees gathered to discuss current events and life in Palestine, as well as to read cultural poems by Palestinian writers. 

Barrie Barto
Barrie Barto, Senior Staff Photographer
Barrie Barto ('25) is majoring in medicine, health & society with a minor neuroscience in the College of Arts and Science. She previously served as Photography Director. Outside of The Hustler, you can find Barrie cheering on the St. Louis Blues or tracking down the best gluten-free food in Nashville. She can be reached at [email protected].
Ophelia Lu
Ophelia Lu, Deputy Photography Director
Ophelia Lu (’26) is from Los Angeles and is double majoring in biomedical and electrical engineering in the School of Engineering. She previously served as a staff photographer. When not covering events and sports games for The Hustler, you can find her listening to a lot of music, studying at Starbucks or lying on Alumni lawn. She can be reached at [email protected].